There's Life After Death: IceNetwork to show much skating not shown on TV | Golden Skate

There's Life After Death: IceNetwork to show much skating not shown on TV

bibi

On the Ice
That'S good news!
I hope all the people that are suscribed will be able to see those events! Because last year, because I wasn't from United States, I couldn't watch some events.

I hope all the people who do not have IceNetwork find the means somehow of getting it.

The article did not say anything about Jr. GPs except they will show the final. We have a growing band of fans here who follow all skating. :agree:

I hope it does show Skate America in full because NBC will show only 2 hours of it on TV.

merrybari

Final Flight
Last season they showed all of Skate America on demand but not necessarily live because of the NBC coverage. Same for US Nationals. I see no reason they wouldn't do that again this season.

Anybody know when the current subscriptions expire? Hope they post the new rates soon.

alekzu

Rinkside
Well, I've just set up my account. $14,95 That's almost free. :D This season is going to be great. First time ever I'll be able to follow the skating season this way (just been Europeans and Worlds on TV before) Let the games begin!

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Well, I've just set up my account. $14,95 That's almost free. :D
The $14.95 is to access the 2007-08 season videos! The 2008-09 season subscription price has not been set yet and I'm told there will be another press release when the price has been set.

Anyone outside the U.S.A. needs to confim with Icenetwork that they can watch the videos BEFORE purchasing a 2008-09 subscription.

alekzu

Rinkside
The $14.95 is to access the 2007-08 season videos! The 2008-09 season subscription price has not been set yet and I'm told there will be another press release when the price has been set.

Anyone outside the U.S.A. needs to confim with Icenetwork that they can watch the videos BEFORE purchasing a 2008-09 subscription.

:laugh: You serious? Oh wait... :think: It said it ended 31 august 08 and not 09.... :banging: I knew I was to tired to think straight today.... Ah well. It won't damage my wallet thankfully. I'll see it as my contribution to icenetwork so they can bring people more figure skating. :)

Btw, what do you mean by confrim with icenetwork that we can watch it?

~tapdancer

On the Ice
In regard to the subscription, I noticed it says "with automatic annual renewal"...does that mean my subscription will renew without me having to do anything? Or will they send me an e-mail requesting my approval for renewal? I subscribed this summer and have thoroughly enjoyed watching the vids, including the interviews they did. I don't care what it cost, I'm getting it! Well, within reason, of course...

merrybari

Final Flight
In regard to the subscription, I noticed it says "with automatic annual renewal"...does that mean my subscription will renew without me having to do anything? Or will they send me an e-mail requesting my approval for renewal? I subscribed this summer and have thoroughly enjoyed watching the vids, including the interviews they did. I don't care what it cost, I'm getting it! Well, within reason, of course...

I'm expecting mine to renew automatically but will not assume so. Rather I'll call to be sure as I don't wish to miss a minute of accessibility.

It would be nice if they'd confirm that via email but I'll/we'll know when it shows up on our credit cards.

I suspect anyone who did NOT wish to renew would have to call to cancel.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bow::clap::love::biggrin::agree:

I personaly think that the ISU should get it's own online tv channel. That way a) I could see all the figure skating I want b) I wouldn't have to put up with all the dumb commentry I have to on tv

lmarie086

Medalist
Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bow::clap::love::biggrin::agree:

I personaly think that the ISU should get it's own online tv channel. That way a) I could see all the figure skating I want b) I wouldn't have to put up with all the dumb commentry I have to on tv

Wasn't there talk awhile ago of an all figure skating all the time channel? Whatever happened to that?

ChrisH

On the Ice
:laugh: You serious? Oh wait... :think: It said it ended 31 august 08 and not 09.... :banging: I knew I was to tired to think straight today.... Ah well. It won't damage my wallet thankfully. I'll see it as my contribution to icenetwork so they can bring people more figure skating. :)

Btw, what do you mean by confrim with icenetwork that we can watch it?
I just tried to access the vids from U.S. Nationals and from Skate America and I was asked to renew. So as of September 01, everyone has to renew to able to watch the old videos along with the new ones. Not nice of them with regards to those who recently subscribed. Renewing wasn't really automatic. It just had my credit card information and related stuff saved so I didn't have to retype them. :cool: And it was only $14.95. Almost a steal. I say almost because they still have some bugs to work out.

As for confirming that you can watch it, perhaps Sylvia was referring to the icenetwork.com having the broadband rights for the U.S. only. If you live outside of the U.S., you will likely be blacked out. The icenetwork was aggressive about this last season. Even though I live in the U.S., they have accidentally blacked me out on several occasions.