12 Oksana KLIMOVA / Sasha PALOMÄKI FIN 23.90 12
13 Nikola VISNOVA / Lukas CSOLLEY SVK 23.82 13
14 Xueting GUAN / Meng WANG CHN 22.40 14
15 Dora TUROCZI / Balazs MAJOR HUN 21.58 15
16 Dominique DIECK / Michael ZENKNER GER 21.42 16
17 Ruslana JURCHENKO / Alexander LIUBCHENKO UKR 20.94 17

CD Result Details: http://www.isufs.org/results/jgpfra2008/SEG005.HTM

Starting Orders/ Results index page: http://www.isufs.org/results/jgpfra2008/

top 3 dance teams a fingernail behind or ahead with Can a whole finger. Should be an exciting OD

Time Schedule interesting with the boys on last day.

Kypma

Final Flight
Wow the top 3 really are quite close. I was wondering, though, didn't Terra Findlay once skate for Canada with John Mattatal (sp?)? Or am I confusing her with someone else?

Kypma

nadster

Final Flight
Wow the top 3 really are quite close. I was wondering, though, didn't Terra Findlay once skate for Canada with John Mattatal (sp?)? Or am I confusing her with someone else?

Kypma

No confusion. She did skate pairs with him but she became too tall and had jump problems so she switched to dance. Always was an elegant skater though.

She started her dancing with Liam Dougherty in Canada with her last Canadian national result being 7th in seniors in 2007.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Wow. It's great for a new team to win the CD! I remember Tarra and John Mattattal skating in pairs at Jr. worlds in 2004. I didn't know she has switched to dance. BTW, how old is she? If she skated with Dogherty in Sr's, then she must be on the higher end of the age limit for juniors. On a different note, I'm very pleased for Ralph & Hill. They're so dynamic, and the CD's are usually their weakness, so I'm really hoping for them to medal. One point is not an insurmountable gap for them to overcome.

BTW, I know this is off-topic, but does anyone know anything about Rylie McCulloch-Casarsa? She's the second ladies entry for Canada. According to her bio, she's only thirteen or fourteen (born in '94). To be honest, I've never heard of her. Does anyone know how strong of a skater she is?

(Edit: I just found her name on the Skate Canada website. :) Apparently, she was 6th in Novice at Nationals last season. She must have been majorly impressive at one of the summer competitions to get an assignment like this.)

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Wow! Really, the whole top 8 are stacked very, very closely.

And it looks like the international judges are not punishing the Shibutanis too severely for their size mismatch, which I had kind of feared.

I can't wait to see the free dances on the 3rd of September--but in 1000 depressions that the OD will not be broadcast.

nadster

Final Flight
Wow. It's great for a new team to win the CD! I remember Tarra and John Mattattal skating in pairs at Jr. worlds in 2004. I didn't know she has switched to dance. BTW, how old is she? If she skated with Dogherty in Sr's, then she must be on the higher end of the age limit for juniors.

BTW, I know this is off-topic, but does anyone know anything about Rylie McCulloch-Casarsa? She's the second ladies entry for Canada. According to her bio, she's only thirteen or fourteen (born in '94). To be honest, I've never heard of her. Does anyone know how strong of a skater she is?

(Edit: I just found her name on the Skate Canada website. :) Apparently, she was 6th in Novice at Nationals last season. She must have been majorly impressive at one of the summer competitions to get an assignment like this.)

Terra FINDLAY was born on May 3 , 1990. So this is her last year she can skate junior.

Rylie was invited to Skate Canada's development camp for top novices and pre-novices and started to land triple lutzes in practice. She has landed a triple loop in the Western Ontario Summer Sizzle. She has yet to do the triple lutz in competition though. I hope she does well this weekend. SC has high hopes on her as she is listed as one of the official entries for Madrid JGP as well ( though she could be replaced if she struggles in France).

inskate

On the Ice
I wonder what happened to Yuki Nishino? She's in the 13th place!

It was reported on FSU that she fell on both her 3Lz and 3F. :( That's really weird, because her jumps looked fine at shows this summer and she even landed a
triple-triple (underrotated, but still).
An user at Mao's forum said that Yuki's been seriously working on 3-3's... Perhaps she injured herself in the process? :(
I hope she'll be fine in the FS. She's probably too far behind for a gold, but should be still in striking distance for a bronze.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Hearsay info on the 2 USA ladies:
Musademba skated clean with 3F combo and 3Lz.
Bereswill landed her 3F combo and two-footed her 3Lz.

ChrisH

On the Ice
It looks like Bingwa Geng didn't start. Nor did Anine Rabe of Norway.

So you see that Kristine and Becky have the harder triples. It'll be hard to dislodge them in the FS.

I think that writing helps to keep the nerves in check, so perhaps we'll get another diary entry from Becky (at the icenetwork) prior to the FS.

london_calling

On the Ice
Predictably, Michal Brezina is 1st and Armin Mahbanoozadeh is 2nd. I'm glad to know they both had good skates today.

I hope Eliot manages to pull up a few spots in the free skate.

Not surprised with the Ladies 1&2 but seeing Ninshina way down the list doesn't make sense. She was very special last year. Can she reach the podium after LP?

Not surprised with the Men 1&2 I remember Amodio (France) from last year, lots of talent..

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nishino has been practicing 3/3s, and sometimes that can throw off jump timing. I recall Emily Hughes working on 3/3s two seasons back, and it threw her timing off so badly that she was underrotating her triples.

Growth spurt/puberty bug is another possibility: Yuki just turned 15, an age when skaters can suddenly find it difficult to do things that were once easy because of changes in the body.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Post OD standings:

1 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI
USA
78.95 2 1
2 Kharis RALPH / Asher HILL
CAN
75.86 4 2
3 Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA / Matej NOVAK
CZE
73.17 6 3
4 Anastasia VYKHODTSEVA / Alexei SHUMSKI
UKR
73.01 5 4
5 Charlene GUIGNARD / Guillaume PAULMIER
FRA
71.45 3 6
6 Tatiana BATURINTSEVA / Ivan VOLOBUIEV
RUS
70.84 7 5
7 Elizaveta TCHETINKINA / Denis SMIRNOV
RUS
69.34 8 7
8 Terra FINDLAY / Benoit RICHAUD
FRA
67.63 1 11
9 Chloe WOLF / Rhys AINSWORTH
USA
64.46 9 10
10 Maja VERMEULEN / Andrew DOLEMAN
CAN
63.87 11 9
11 Oksana KLIMOVA / Sasha PALOMÄKI
FIN
63.51 12 8
12 Anne Sophie BILET / Adrien HAMON
FRA
61.49 10 12
13 Xueting GUAN / Meng WANG
CHN
58.87 14 13
14 Nikola VISNOVA / Lukas CSOLLEY
SVK
57.44 13 16
15 Dora TUROCZI / Balazs MAJOR
HUN
55.65 15 14
16 Ruslana JURCHENKO / Alexander LIUBCHENKO
UKR
55.00 17 15
17 Dominique DIECK / Michael ZENKNER
GER
53.87 16 17

Poor Findlay and Richaud have two deductions.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The standings after the OD are pretty much as I had expected. Looks like the medal contenders are the Shibutanis, Ralph/Hill, Mysliveckova/Novak (if they can stay on their feet in the FD), and Ukrainians V/S. The French G/P have an outside chance to sneak into the medals if they skate exceptionally well and one or more teams ahead of them have a rough go in the FD.

london_calling

On the Ice
Congratulations to Kristine, Becky and Diane!

Kristine popped a double axel but looking at the score sheet, everything else was alright. She must have improved on her consistency.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Kristine skated a good SP at Liberty--the LP was not quite as good.

And thanks for telling us the ladies' protocols are up!

I'm pleased to see that Becky got credit for a 2A3t and that neither Kristine nor Becky had a serious edge call. That's a true improvement for young American skaters.

Last edited: