1984 US Olympic Team Photo | Golden Skate

1984 US Olympic Team Photo

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link. Wow, Brian B. sure had a full head of hair in those days! Also, what was the story of Jill Watson? Don't know anything about her.

S

SkateFan4Life

Realtor Gal writes:
Thanks for the link. Wow, Brian B. sure had a full head of hair in those days! Also, what was the story of Jill Watson? Don't know anything about her.

Jill Watson was then skating with Burt Lancon. They finished 6th at the 1984 Winter Olympics.

Oreo

On the Ice
Jill Watson then went on to win a bronze medal with partner Peter Oppegard in the '88 Calgary Olympics, which, incidentally, was the last time a U.S. pairs team won an Olympic medal. Now she is in Southern California coaching Inoue & Baldwin. At one time, she was also working as a personal trainer here in Orange County, but I don't know if she still is or not.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
What I love most about this photo is that one can't tell the pairs from the dancers costumewise.

Also interesting that Brian and Tiffany are dead center rather than Scott and Roz.

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Jill still works as a personal trainer, she was in the feature workout segment with a student in SHAPE magazine a few months ago--sorry, but I can't remember which issue.

S

SkateFan4Life

Notice how the men wore jumpsuits in those days, and all of the women wore white skates....