Virtue and Moir Website Closed Down | Golden Skate

Virtue and Moir Website Closed Down

Kypma

Final Flight
I just found this today -- Their website homepage presents a message saying "Thank you for visiting www.virtue-moir.com.
Unfortunately this website will no longer be updated.
Please visit www.skatecanada.ca for the
latest updates on this team.",
available here, and the links have been disabled...:no:

Kypma

PS mods, sorry if I didn't choose the right forum section, but I figured this didn't belong in the Edge!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
That's a shame. Maybe they are too busy preparing for the 2010 Olympics here in Vancouver. Can' wait to see their new program this season.

All the best to them!!!:bow::bow:

lcd

Match Penalty
My guess would be that Skate Canada is um... taking more 'oversight' of how these two soon-to-be-gracing many magazine covers athletes are presenting themselves to the world...

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
My guess would be that Skate Canada is um... taking more 'oversight' of how these two soon-to-be-gracing many magazine covers athletes are presenting themselves to the world...

conspiracy theory abounds

I doubt it. Usually development /maintenance of websites are outsourced to web development companies by sport management firms. It is usually outside the reach of any federations.

My bet is the content management of their old site was static, it was pure HTML-based site and there is no programming logic that would have allowed the site to host more content without major, but repetitive work. This is not good considering they will get a lot more content in the future, as VM's success continues. Chances are, the VM's management company may have asked to build a new site that will provide dynamic content management for that reason.

Worst comes worst, they can create a google blog and manage for themselves.

cailuj365

Rinkside
I posted this on the V/M thread on FSU, but in order to keep everyone informed, here's the email I received last week from V/M's webmistress, Jen, about the closure.

Hi cailuj365,

Yes, as you all know, Scott, Tessa and I made the decision to close
down their website. I do apologize for the abrupt manner in which it
happened. The decision was made just before the site's hosting plan
was set to expire. I took down all the pages immediately because the
hosting plan would have deleted most of the galleries anyways.

I'm not sure about future plans for an official website, but will keep
you all posted if I hear anything about it.

In the meantime, Skate Canada's testing is coming up this weekend -
hopefully we'll hear some great reviews about Scott & Tessa's new
programs!

Jen