32 Chloe DEPOUILLY FRA 30.76
33 Stefanie PECHLANER BUL 28.89
34 Sandra MATZ POL 27.47
35 Mila PETROVIC SRB 21.14
36 Maria TSAKIRIS GRE 17.31

Britany has her work cut out for her
Not surprised with Suizu and
cheers for Helgessen for last year was not a fluke and
Wow for Bulanhagi for coming through finally. It's never too late.

how about that New Zealander in the top half of the pack. Maybe a Worlds someday in Aukland? Get the summer clothse out.

z

Lightspear

Rinkside
I have no doubt that Britany Rizo will pull up. She is a tough competitor and very focused. It will be interesting to see her performing along with Melissa Boulahgui and watch them push each other, both performing better.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Brittney is only 1.4 points away from bronze, 3.12 points away from silver, and 5.26 points away from gold. She has the highest PCS score of all the ladies, and that should help her in the FS.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Sarah told the German Figure-Skating-Forum that she is really happy about her Short Programm.

Sarah did 3T-3T, 2A and 2Lz. She can do a 3Lz in the Training, but it is not sure enough for a short programm yet.

But I´m sure, that she can skate a 80+ points programm today, and get a medall.

Good luck Sarah! :agree:

Nicole Gurny reportedly fall her 3R.

aservin

Rinkside
According to "skate Sweden" Joshi Helgesson dit 3T+2T, 3Lz (fall) and 2A. Level 4 on spiral and combination spin. Level 2-3 on the rest.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Brittney Rizo reportedly landed 3T+3T and did (a planned?) 2Lz (she's still working on getting the 3Lz more consistent for competition).

Melissa Bulanhagui supposedly skated clean, so that likely means 3Lz and maybe 3F combo.

ChrisH

On the Ice
Brittney went for 3Fs in her LP at regionals last season and at the AEGON Challenge Cup. She completed the rotations but fell on those attempts. She still won those events with scores in the low 150s. I believe that she went for a 3Lz in the SP at the Liberty Open and she fell. If she's going to comeback and win, I think she'll have to land a clean 3F.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Brittney went for 3Fs in her LP at regionals last season and at the AEGON Challenge Cup. She completed the rotations but fell on those attempts. She still won those events with scores in the low 150s. I believe that she went for a 3Lz in the SP at the Liberty Open and she fell. If she's going to comeback and win, I think she'll have to land a clean 3F.

This is the JUNIOR Grand Prix, not the Grand Prix. In Courchevel, no one landed a clean 3F. Kristine Musademba landed one, but with -GOE. Becky Bereswill underrotated her attempt. Diane Szmiett didn't even try a 3F.

Rizo scored 82 and change in her Liberty FS, and that was almost two months ago. If she can get close to that again, she has a shot at a medal.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Best freeskate of the night, Melissa Bulanhagui, had one clean Triple (Salchow). Must have been one heck of a competition.

london_calling

On the Ice
It seems like it was a mess of a free skate for everyone.

Oh well, it happens. I'm happy Melissa got her first JGP gold.

ChrisH

On the Ice
This is the JUNIOR Grand Prix, not the Grand Prix. In Courchevel, no one landed a clean 3F. Kristine Musademba landed one, but with -GOE. Becky Bereswill underrotated her attempt. Diane Szmiett didn't even try a 3F.
Actually, both of Kristine and Becky landed clean 3Fs in Courchevel. You forgot about the short program. Besides, junior ladies have been landing 3Fs in the JGP for a while now. In 2006, when a flip was a required short program element, the winners typically performed a clean 3F. Caroline even performed 3 clean ones in each competition, including the final.

Rizo scored 82 and change in her Liberty FS, and that was almost two months ago. If she can get close to that again, she has a shot at a medal.
I suspect that Brittney will be disappointed with her 4th place finish, especially since she got the highest PCSs.

Wrlmy

Medalist
The overall level of junior ladies seem low compared to previous years. Is there any strong skater yet to compete?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The overall level of junior ladies seem low compared to previous years. Is there any strong skater yet to compete?

We've become quite spoiled because of Caroline, Mirai and Rachael. But coming up next week is Alexei Gilles, and Angela Maxwell the week after.

RESULTS ARE IN: Bulanhagui wins both SP and LP.

Reitmayerova got 2nd in LP and that New Zealand gal got a 3rd place. But for the Final tally it's Bulanhagui, Suizu and Hecken. The latter two with faulty LPs.

Brittany needs to recoup soon for Nats. She's out of the JGP Finals.