Happy, healthy Kim hopes for big season | Golden Skate

Happy, healthy Kim hopes for big season

Wrlmy

Medalist
She is one of few skaters who can openly praise rivals without any ulterior motive. I like that.

Good to hear she's healthier. But I'll never be relieved until she's 100% healed.:no:

gourry

Final Flight
She is always 100% healed up until a month before worlds.

Which is quite unfortunate for her because otherwise, her records say, that she could have won both worlds.
Nobody likes to be injured in their most important moment.
Really, it is not so pretty to be sarcastic about others' misfortune like injuries. Just my two pence.

I sincerely hope she can fully show what she has this year.
Stay happy and healthy, Yuna!:)

Last edited:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Which is quite unfortunate for her because otherwise, her records say, that she could have won both worlds.

And speculations like that inspire sarcastic remarks like this one:
MasterB said:
She is always 100% healed up until a month before worlds.

It's probably true that Kim was that injured and unfortunately both times before Worlds - but I don't think it makes any sense to speculate what could have been just because she is the world record holder (Takahashi got to know how much that's worth - even without an injury) and "her records say, that she could have won both worlds".

These speculations often seem - even if they are not intended that way - like a cheap stab at e.g. Mao Asada. "She is only World Champion because she is lucky that Kim wasn't healthy" - nobody can know that! I think we should refrain from these kind of speculations.

gourry

Final Flight
"She is only World Champion because she is lucky that Kim wasn't healthy" - nobody can know that! .

And nobody said that!
I didn't say Yuna 'would' have won. I said she 'could' have won.
Indeed I didn't intend that way.;)
And I agree with you. 'If' doesn't really mean anything in competition.
Actually, I don't like 'A won because B got injured' or 'C won because D made mistake' kind of assumptions.
That's also one of the reason why I hope Yuna-and all other skaters for that matter- stays healthy and injury-free.

What I wanted to say to MasterB is that you don't need to be sarcastic about being injured and forced to leave the rink for more than 5 weeks right before the most important event of the season.

ynkgraceonice

Rinkside
Yu-Na won bronze on both worlds despite of her injury. She couldn't train for a long time before the worlds.:no:
When she is injury-free, she will be invincible!:rock:
:clap:Stay healthy Yu-Na, Queen on Ice:clap:

fourclover

On the Ice
Yu-Na won bronze on both worlds despite of her injury. She couldn't train for a long time before the worlds.:no:
When she is injury-free, she will be invincible!:rock:
:clap:Stay healthy Yu-Na, Queen on Ice:clap:

I don't think she'll be "invincible" since she doesn't have and doesn't look like she'll ever have triple axel.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
I don't think she'll be "invincible" since she doesn't have and doesn't look like she'll ever have triple axel.

I really don't think having the triple axel really matters for her anyway. Yuna doesn't flutz, doesn't lip, almost always gets +2 for her 3-3 combination, and even with a fall at the GPF scored over 130 in the LP only a point or so behind Mao who nailed everything from a 3A to her two 3-3 combos. So in reality the 3A shouldn't really matter for her because she can easily win without it.

yuriyuri

Rinkside
So in reality the 3A shouldn't really matter for her because she can easily win without it.

I don't think Yu-na can easily win. Even when she is healty, she could make mistakes at any competiton and nobody can predict it.
And Mao is planning to bring two 3As next season.

ynkgraceonice

Rinkside
Yu-Na doesn't need 3A to win. :rofl:

She is not a cheat jumper! She doesn't flutz like some skater. She also doesn't prerotate or underrotate her jumps like some skater.

Her technique has been referred as "textbook", and her artistry has been highly praised.:bow:

She really doesn't need 3A. She just has to be healthy to become invincible. Of course, there is a possibility she could make a huge mistake that cost her gold, but the same could be said for everyone.

kittyjake5

On the Ice
Thanks for the article. Hopefully YuNa's health issues are solved. Can't wait to see her programs.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Looking forward to seeing her new progams to. She is not one of my favorite skaters but I do enjoy watching her.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
If this girl has one season when she is completely healthy all the way through, she will be unbeatable. Not only does she have talent, but also is judges pet.

A for Axel

Rinkside
Happy, healthy birthday for you, Yu-na!
I'm really looking forward to seeing her new programs!

but hey, someone is trying to break this happy atmosphere..

Yu-Na doesn't need 3A to win. :rofl:

She is not a cheat jumper! She doesn't flutz like some skater. She also doesn't prerotate or underrotate her jumps like some skater.

Everyone knows that. Her jumps are just amazing. But this is not only for her, but for others too.
You don't have to trash other skaters to bring her up.. I cannot understand why some of her fanatic fans enjoy comparing her with that "some skaters" by slandering them, say, on youtube or everywhere. I cannot love those people..

And Mr. Orser.. well, why does he always try to mention Mao? I have beem tired of him since Gotheborg Worlds and now I'm suspicious whether he can be a good coach for Yu-na or not.
I've never heard or seen the other coach like Nikolai, Tatiana, Rafael, Lee, Frank, and so on mentioning the other skaters or saying unkind comments to them in front of the press.I prefer them to Mr. Orser.
I love Yu-na very much but I cannot like him in that point..

so_proud

Rinkside
And Mr. Orser.. well, why does he always try to mention Mao? I have beem tired of him since Gotheborg Worlds and now I'm suspicious whether he can be a good coach for Yu-na or not.
I've never heard or seen the other coach like Nikolai, Tatiana, Rafael, Lee, Frank, and so on mentioning the other skaters or saying unkind comments to them in front of the press.I prefer them to Mr. Orser.
I love Yu-na very much but I cannot like him in that point..

I see it differently. Media tends to keep comparing Yuna and Mao, sometimes asking a question like 'whether or not Yuna plans to practice a 3 axel and include it in her programs as Mao does'. In the situation that Yuna needs to manage her chronic injuries and does not plan to practice it, I think Brian Orser has to emphasize how solid and superior Yuna's other techniques are, which is true. I don't see that he intends to say something unkind to other skaters. You are over-reacting. ;)

Regarding 3 axels, here is the clip showing Yuna's 3 axel practice several years ago. Although it is not a clean or successful one, at least you will see the way she practices it. Very huge, and pursuing a true 3 axel (minimizing prerotation etc.). I think she is the very person of grate humility and of honesty.

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=figureskating&no=183874&page=30

nylynnr

On the Ice
A for Axel . . . just to clarify, no where in the icenetwork article does Brian Orser mention Mao Asada or compare his student, Yu-Na Kim, to Mao Asada.

A for Axel

Rinkside
I'm sorry I turn this thread into this topic for a while.

What did he say at Worlds?

He said at Worlds' press interview, although he wasn't asked about her, that her movement didn't correspond with the music, or that kind of thing.
I just wondered why he could say such a mean comment to a girl of seventeen who came the big stage of Worlds without her coach. Doesn't he feel uncomfortable if his student was criticized by someone like this?
Also I was kind of disgusted by his interview at 2007 GPF. There he said that Yu-na could win even if she made mistakes. Yeah, he was right after all, but I could not feel any respects for the other 5 skaters, actually even for Yu-na from this comment.
tsk, tsk, tsk.. I know that I cannot change who he is and nobody cannot change how he acts. Now he is the hero of his hometown and a lot of skaters look up to him.
So, anyway this is just my two cents.

nylynnr said:
A for Axel . . . just to clarify, no where in the icenetwork article does Brian Orser mention Mao Asada or compare his student, Yu-Na Kim, to Mao Asada.

Oh my! I mistake the [including Mao] for "including Mao" !!
That's why I thought he put an emphasis on the words and mentioned her.
Sorry guys, I was wrong about it..