Michelle Kwan Year in Review | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan Year in Review

S

SkateFan4Life

Whether or not you like Michelle Kwan's skating, one thing is certain -- she's been a model of consistency at US Nationals, the Olympics and Worlds -- always on the podium since 1996. That's eight competitive seasons!! Extraordinary.

Panther2000

On the Ice
I agree. She has not finished below 2nd at worlds for the longest time & the same can be said for Nationals. Everysence, she came to seniors. She has had a winning season. Her only off year was 2002. I belive that with all the pressure & her coaching changed just was too much for her. But, she has been in the thick of things sense coming up. & that is Great

S

SkateFan4Life

The last time Michelle finished out of the medals at the World Championships was back in 1995, when she was 14 years old and finished fourth.

The last time Michelle finished out of the medals at US Nationals was back in 1993, when she was 12 years old and finished sixth.

By the time she was 14, she was a US silver medalist, and by the time she was 15, she was US and World champion.

What an impressive record!

Bynx

On the Ice
fanforlady2001 said:
rumors rumors, I have read people now what michelle's music selection is, what is i?

All I've heard is that it is an
Opera piece.

Panther2000

On the Ice
SkateFan4Life said:
The last time Michelle finished out of the medals at the World Championships was back in 1995, when she was 14 years old and finished fourth.

The last time Michelle finished out of the medals at US Nationals was back in 1993, when she was 12 years old and finished sixth.

By the time she was 14, she was a US silver medalist, and by the time she was 15, she was US and World champion.

What an impressive record!
Yeah that is very very impressive record. I seriously doubt if these types of standings that she has set will ever be matched anytime soon. Yeah, One day she will no longer be National Champ & will finish out of the top 3. She may or may not make it to 2006. She may Never Win an Olympic Gold Medal( I am still hoping for her) But, to be this good for sooooo long finishing ether 1 or 2 for almost all of her career. Out of the skaters I see today. I just don't see anyone having such a long career with thoes types of standings. I think we have seen the last of these types of skaters, Michelle, Alexei, Plushenko, & Irina. It will be a sad sad day when the four of these skaters do retire or leave the sport.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Opera for Michelle....I love it! I hope it is Puccini. As for her record....I doubt that will be matched anytime soon. For all of the reasons I love Michelle, her consistency has to be the first or second. She's never backed down after a loss and always roars back with intensity and successful triples. She's committed and focused and doesn't allow her past to dictate her future. Turin...watch out!

gracefulswan

On the Ice
yea... what i most admire about michelle is the WAY she does her programs and jumping technique...which is the best in the world hands down at the moment... it's that she makes it looks easy...and that's saying a lot. there are some skaters who may land the jumps but not with the ease, flow, and edging that kwan lands them... she does more than land the jumps..much more.:) i would love to see cohen develop that pure technique :love: