Michael Weiss Year in Review | Golden Skate

Michael Weiss Year in Review

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Wow, someone took a lot of time to put a positive spin on events. I just
have to laugh at "good attempt at a quad lutz" and "slightly two footed
quad toe." And, heck, I didn't even count up all the missed triple axels!
And the tornado got it's own section!

It's a good laugh. Enjoy reading it.

Laura :)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks for the link, SkateFan........I did enjoy reading about one of my favorite male skaters............42

Panther2000

On the Ice
Well I will give him credit. For putting a good spin on last season. Outside of a few skates. He did his usual. & I am not to impressed with his National Title. He won because, he made the fewest errors. It wasn't a great skate for him. I won't mention worlds. That was a hooot:laugh: & that hummer he rented. Please, Sorry to say but he made himself look foolish again. Did he really think that he could win against Plushenko Just because it was in his back yar. I think not. :laugh:

berthes ghost

Final Flight
"He won because, he made the fewest errors."

That could be said of his Lalique win as well, not nearly as spectacular as they made it seem.

It just goes to show ya, the guy Yags hired to hypnotize Plushy into falling in the SLC Sp was obviously a better guy than the hypnotist Weiss hired.

Or perhaps it was another mix up with Dorothy Hamill's famous voo-doo dolls. She was probably told to stick pins in the overly flamboyant guy in the efeminate costumes, got confused and stuck the pins in Weiss by mistake.

:laugh:

Panther2000

On the Ice
berthes ghost said:

That could be said of his Lalique win as well, not nearly as spectacular as they made it seem.

It just goes to show ya, the guy Yags hired to hypnotize Plushy into falling in the SLC Sp was obviously a better guy than the hypnotist Weiss hired.

:laugh:

I am with you on his Lalique performance. He wasn't all that. Ijust get so tired of two footed landings if is not funny. & his Look at what I can do type of skaing. his cockiness doesn't win over the judges or fans. But, he does make me lugh though. He really thinks that is the Cats Meow:laugh:

Sorry, I don't by Alexei's doctors statement. He hypnotized plush into falling on that Combination. Please:rolleye: Plush just made a error all by himself. Just like another skater do. End of Story. That Doctor is full of himself. & not a very good doctor at that. Talking about his client & anything that went on between them is wrong & talking about it in an interview is even worse.

I like Mike. I think he has done the best he could with the talent that the good Lord in His wisdom blessed him with.

He isn't Yagudin or Plushenko in terms of natural talent -- who is? But he has had a fine career and he has a bright future as a show skater -- tornado and all!

Mathman

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Hey Berthes Ghost very funny final paragraph in your post. Gave me a much needed laugh. I am not a Weiss fan - person or skater.

S

SkateFan4Life

Ah, Michael Weiss and his "team" always put their best foot forward in their website. Certainly, I would expect them to put a positive spin on Weiss' 2002-2003 season, but having perused this website a number of times during the past few seasons, I really have to wonder if they have a firm contact with reality.

Weiss' competitive skating has been so consistently SLOPPY and error-laden that it's almost an embarrassment. And this kind of mistake-filled skating wins US titles. Ugh!

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I like Mike. Everyone thinks his skating is so bad but he is still around! I look at his overall quality of skating and not just the quad jump and he is right up there in my opinion with the best of them. I'm not saying he doesn't have flaws and I believe that he needs a new choreographer. But as long as he enjoys what he is doing I'm wishing him a successful 2003-2004 season.

Go Mike!

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
berthes ghost said:

LOL, that could be said of many wins in figure skating... I would say that in most competitions somebody wins because another skater makes a small or a bigger mistake. Very rarely there are two faultless freeskates to be compared, or the mistake has happened already in short programme.

I like Mike´s expressiviness and how he interprets the music. In my opinion he and Plushenko are the best of all top skaters in that. Of course there are new talents like e.g. Stephane Lambiel.

Marjaana

S

SkateFan4Life

And I'm sure Weiss' website will have many more positive-spin writeups on his 2003-2004 season. Regardless of how he actually skates, the website will sing his praises and make his every program (mistake-ridden or not) sound as though it's the best thing since baked bread.