YOWZA /OWZA Lessons & Practices 9/7 - 9/13 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

YOWZA /OWZA Lessons & Practices 9/7 - 9/13

Lanie

On the Ice
Thanks about the pic. Heh. Some came out dreadful!

Well, I was thinking SP Teri, Graf or Harlick. I need something stiff enough, yet wide for my feet so they won't cause problems, and padded on the tongue and the ankle area. The wool on the tongue of my Jacksons are making nice big rashes!

sk8er1964

On the Ice
Lanie said:
Thanks about the pic. Heh. Some came out dreadful!

Well, I was thinking SP Teri, Graf or Harlick. I need something stiff enough, yet wide for my feet so they won't cause problems, and padded on the tongue and the ankle area. The wool on the tongue of my Jacksons are making nice big rashes!

Check out Klingbeils too - nice roomy toe boxes, nice padding in the ankle area - really hugs the heel. I absolutely love mine. (I agree - nice pic, too.)

As for me, same old test prep - got a nice compliment last week from a coach who had never seen me skate before. When she found out I was testing next weekend, she said I was more than ready. From her mouth to the judges' ears :p .

I have to share a really cute thing - I was in my stroking group yesterday when I experienced the click of death on fast back crossovers. Down I went, sliding about 20 feet backwards on my rump. Later on, a young girl (maybe 8 years old) came up to me looking all concerned and asked if that hurt. I said no (well, there is a nice bruise on my back end, but we have to be brave and all that). Then she broke into this huge grin and said "that looked like fun!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

(I guess the sliding part WAS kind of fun ;) ).

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Lanie: Lovely picture!!!

Hlagirl: Welcome to the board!!

1964: The "CLICK of death????" :laugh: Love it!!!

Nothing to report aside from having a good time in Chicago.

hlagirl25

Rinkside
Cinderella:

I have spent so may practices working on centering my spin so that what ususally happens is I have great entrance, good centering, and then so so exits. I'm really trying to work on that. Currently my coach has me working on doing scratch spins with my arms held in fists above my head. I have really good back position in my sit spin the only problem is that I'm not "sitting" enough-but the centering is good. My camel is non-exsistant and when it does happen instead of a solid centering-it's more of three turns traveling all over the place. All in all I think things are progressing as fast as they can. I just can't wait to perfect things so that I can complete the choreography on my bronze program set to East of Eden by Lee Holdridge. Hopefully my coach and I can come up with some good moves. I would like more of a Michelle Kwan program with solid skating with highlight moves strategically placed. In short something clean and simple where I can showcase my flexibility and mastery of the test elements whereas my coach is more of a more is better type. Hopefully we can come to a meeting of minds! Tommorow is lesson day and I feel there's a strong back scratch and loop jump just waiting to be nailed.

Happy Skating!!!

Cinderella on Ice

Bless you, Fairy Godmother, I'm Having a BALL!
On the Ice
hlagirl25 - Hey, I've got everything but the centering. Maybe we can somehow combine them to do some awesome spins! The one spin I seem to center without a problem is the flying camel. It is better than my camel or my backspin -- go figure!!! But the way you described your camel with the 3 turns is how I feel sometime about my spins too.

Good luck with the choreography -- I hope you'll keep us posted. It's very exciting to think that soon you'll be doing your Kwan-like program!!!