Live Streaming video available for Sheffield | Golden Skate

Live Streaming video available for Sheffield

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There is a click box to subscribe on this page.

The current exchange rate is 1 British Pound = $1.7269 US

The good part is that you can pick to watch just one day.

http://www.iceskating.org.uk/node/2428

Last year the event was streamed live with quite a few hiccups due to the amount of bandwidth available at icesheffield. However, this year the team have put in more bandwidth and are hoping the event will be streamed from 10am UK time from October 16th.

People wishing to view the event live should note that there is a charge of £3.95 per day or £9.95 for the whole 3 day event. All proceeds go to NISa which in turn is invested in Ice Skating.

There will be testing takes place right up until the first program at 10:00 AM Your screen wont register a picture until the event starts but you can register prior to the event starting.

Thursday 16th October Junior Grand Prix Schedule

10:00AM - Ice Dance - Compulsory Dance
12:45PM - Mens - Short Program
17:45PM - Ladies - Short Program

Here's a link to the time in Sheffield:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=1316

Last edited:

fiercemao

Match Penalty
i have been watching with no problems

Last year, they had this technical glitch. If you closed the live webcast window, you will be charged AGAIN in order to continue watching. In other word, you have to stay with the window permanently, if you get disconnected, you have to pay again, which is absolutely insane.

Have they solved the problem or is it still the same? I don't want to do it without knowing what trap i'll be falling into. :love:

dancemaster

On the Ice
Last year, they had this technical glitch. If you closed the live webcast window, you will be charged AGAIN in order to continue watching. In other word, you have to stay with the window permanently, if you get disconnected, you have to pay again, which is absolutely insane.

Have they solved the problem or is it still the same? I don't want to do it without knowing what trap i'll be falling into. :love:
i loged in and out a few times no problem

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I just subscribed and logged in here from California... Working great. $7.02 for the event. Thanks for the info.

C_T_T_

On the Ice
ISU website is showing local Sheffield time is GMT+0, but according to this link, Sheffield time is GMT+1. Which one is correct? Is the discrepancy due to quirky summer time?

Yeah, it's still British Summer time so we are an hour ahead (but so are other countries). The current time in Britain is 10:05 so hopefully you can use the time of this post to work out the time difference from wherever you are.

Last edited: