Akiko Suzuki was exquisite at the Finlandia Trophy 2008! | Golden Skate

Akiko Suzuki was exquisite at the Finlandia Trophy 2008!

shine

Record Breaker
She sure was! And I am crossing my fingers for her to make the world team this year! She deserves it for coming back like this!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Great program. Finally a entertaining Dark Eyes that captures the spirit of the music without stealing from Sasha. I love that kick opening her straight-line steps. Her style reminds me a lot of Yukuri Nakano, only without the wrap. where has she been the last few years? Is this her first year as a senior?

Last edited:

christinaskater

Medalist
She has always been one of the most promising, i am praying and hoping that she could do or be like Shizuka. Really maturing and winning it! She has what it takes

She needs to better her spins, but the artistry is spectacular, musicality is great! Jumps have improved so much, though a little more stability and security in the other jumps remain for my desire

She is amazing

Let us pray for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO AKIKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Kati

On the Ice
She was very good in Finlandia Trophy and I'm happy I had an opportunity to see her live..;)
The Japanese bio mentions that she was maybe the best junior in Japan some years ago, but then some personal problems occured. She was quite open in the press conference in Finland, telling that she had suffered from anorexia. But it seems that she has recovered very well and I hope she will have a good skating career in the future. The only thing that there are so many good/great skaters in Japan, it's difficult to get to the big competitions. She also has to improve her jumps a little, but in Finlandia Trophy, it is of course only early season, and nobody has their programs quite ready yet.
She and her countryman Mura were the highlights of the Finlandia Trophy this year!

fairly4

Medalist
she skated very well. A nice win. I am just wondering since I didn't look at the judges detail marks did she get marked for URs on her triple/triple and the last three jumps after the 2:30 mark?

dizzydi7

On the Ice
Akiko Suzuki

I vote for her to take Miki Ando's place on the Japanese world team. Akiko is a figure skater. Miki is a jumper, no grace, no musicality, no style. Just my opinion.

Dizzy

Eurofan

On the Ice
I saw this this, too, and was smitten. And crushed that she finished 4th at Japanese Nationals.

mrd2301

Rinkside
And here is her amazing Tango program that I think is a must-see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL5Eo7TvGxE&feature=related
I wonder why she didn't turn it into a competitive program? It would so rock the house!
Thanks for posting.
How amazing. Her facial expressions are so engaging and I like her eloquent eyes. :love: She really looks passionate about skating. I wish I could see this program in competitions just once... It is a pity that she did not make the World Team this season.