2009 World Figure Skating Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2009 World Figure Skating Championships

I don't know if all of your response was sarcastic or not, but the truth is that The Oxygen Network is owned by NBC Universal.
Thank you for the info. So Oprah is part of CBS (that Doctor Phil) NBC as you say; ABC syndicated Oprah., an cable Oxygen. She does well.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
No, at 4CC and at Worlds, Wagner was finally judged by an unbiased panel that did not hand out overinflated marks. The Nationals judges did not mark her down for some of her wrong edge entries and under-rotated jumps.

She didn't under-rotate anything at Nationals.

At 4CC she under-rotated the 3Loop in her opening 3-3 and that's it. CoP rules being dumb as they are, she got less points for that combination than if she had fallen on the jump. The wrong edge deductions were too severe as well.

Wagner is a better jumper than Lepisto, has better spirals, more energy in her skating, and more musicality. I don't see a single area where Lepisto is better. Congrats to her getting top 10 at her first Worlds, but Ashley is incredibly far ahead when she skates well.

BelleFilleYuna

On the Ice
Wagner is a better jumper than Lepisto, has better spirals, more energy in her skating, and more musicality. I don't see a single area where Lepisto is better. Congrats to her getting top 10 at her first Worlds, but Ashley is incredibly far ahead when she skates well.

To Lepisto's credit, she has the best skating skills in the business IMO, her edges are to die for and I don't think Ashley is that far ahead when they 'both' skate well, I do think Ashley has the edge over Lepisto in jumps layout. I've watched both girls' programs and I have high expectations for both of them. Both amazingly musical skaters but very different when it comes to presentations.
I wouldn't take anything away from them by comparing each other.

lcd

Match Penalty
I didn't get the impression that Wagner skated nearly as well at worlds as she did at either Nationals or Bompard

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
She bombed at Worlds. By far the worst I've seen from her. Hopefully those nerves are in the past now.