Joubert's reaction to Lambiel's retirement | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Joubert's reaction to Lambiel's retirement

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It's all about how yin and yang perceive the sport. If it were all about men's interest there would be harsh words of verbal interaction. However, since figure skating is more on the women's side it tends to have sensitivity as an issue.

I don't think that's a fair assessment... at least not what I've seen. Football players that have big mouths get a lot of flack too. Sportsmanship is held very high in men's sports too. They can puff up so long as they are still respectful (ala Evan's statement on the news of the retirements... now if he could show that respect to Johnny and get it in return it'd be perfect lol). Hockey might be different, but the sports I grew up with have unstated rules on how one behaves.

calica

Final Flight
You there forgets something important that has not anything in common with the sportsmanship. They asked Joubert on the retire ofLambiel to 5 minutes of his retire, after their own meeting with the press. (to announce that he would not take part in Nice Cup) And Evan's answer (and I suppose that the question) they are week old later.;)
Apart from all that, we are trying to justify / to hate a response, without knowing any more information. The tone of voice, the shock, the intention of the journalists, the way of raising the question ect

I don't think that's a fair assessment... at least not what I've seen. Football players that have big mouths get a lot of flack too. Sportsmanship is held very high in men's sports too. They can puff up so long as they are still respectful (ala Evan's statement on the news of the retirements... now if he could show that respect to Johnny and get it in return it'd be perfect lol). Hockey might be different, but the sports I grew up with have unstated rules on how one behaves.
Men's 'big mouths' is getting out the immediate anger. After that is done, he may rationalize it is silly to have done that - maybe not. It's got to do with personality but with Men as from the beginnings of time have been the guardians of their property or perceived what their property is/was,. Of course, there are exceptions but the yin and yang are present in how to deal with controversy..

Bennett

Record Breaker
Although I was upset with his comment at Jeff's win, his comment here doesn't sound offensive. He just seems to be really, really surprised. In any case, he often sounds so adorably naive;)