internet viewing options | Golden Skate

internet viewing options

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Well....was suprised by this a bit.

I sort of forgot that universalsports.com carries figure skating now

I wonder if they will just do Skate America and more importantly if there is commentary and who will do it

Last edited:

momjudi

On the Ice
From what I've heard no commentary. I've never been on the site before except to register so I hope the information I got was correct.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
Thanks a lot:agree:...

but is it posibble to watch this if I live beside the USA???:bow:

Try some proxy ip software.
www.hide-my-ip.com

This software will assign you an American IP address to your computer, and therefore you'll be able to watch programs restricted in the US. It has a 3-day trial period, so time your schedule.

Tesla

Final Flight
Awesome! Does anyone know if this will also be available on-demand? I won't be able to watch live. Also, any info on if they'll be carrying the rest of the grand prix? I won't be paying for ice network.

momjudi

On the Ice
Awesome! Does anyone know if this will also be available on-demand? I won't be able to watch live. Also, any info on if they'll be carrying the rest of the grand prix? I won't be paying for ice network.

They are carrying the entire Skate America competition. I'm guessing they are seeing how it goes for SA before deciding if they carry the rest of the grand prix events. I subscribed to icenetwork and this is my backup.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
And they are already not playing nice. An article on Evan accompanied by a not so flattering pic of Johnny. Must be that rivalry thing.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Well, I just e-mailed them asking if they will carry the rest of the GP series as well so hopefully I will get a reply because as of right now I can't afford to renew my subscription to icenetwork :(

sillylionlove

Medalist
Lucky for me, I have universal sports on my cable system so I can watch it live on television and not online!!! I can also record it and keep watching it over and over again. I am assuming that they will have someone commentating (is that a word???) on the television broadcast.

Also for people who have cable...go to the website and see if you cable provider has this channel and if they have it in your area. They do have it here in the Philadelphia area, comcast channel 249.

Last edited:

fiercemao

Match Penalty
Canada

Canadians can watch live streaming on CBC at
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/

Friday Oct. 24 (All times are Eastern DST = Toronto & Montreal)
6 PM Compulsory Dance
10 PM Pairs Short
11:45 Men's Short

Saturday Oct. 25
noon Men's Short repeat
3 PM not specified
5 PM Dance Original
6:45 Pairs Free
10 PM Women's Short

Sunday Oct. 26
12:01 AM Men's Free

Sunday
2 PM local time Live main CBC network

2 PM ET Dance Free
4 PM Women's Free
8 PM Skate America-Gala

Monday
12:30 AM Skate America-Encore

kareliz

Rinkside
Need help with Universal Sports

I have registered and am looking around the site for any info on figure skating. I am hoping to watch the men's programs tonight. Cannot find a skating schedule at all. Please help. Thanks.

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
Helllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppp

I am at cbc sports and can't find the live stream for pairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Help me!!!!!!!!!!111

missysays

On the Ice
I think Icenetwork is having some kind of technical sound snafu where the commentators are sitting in the studio somewhere and their voice over is the only sound that's making it through the live feed. I sincerely hope that when the video on demand comes up that they've managed to capture the competition audio and managed to incorporate it into the video.

Bleh!!!