We're having a baby tonight!!!!!! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

We're having a baby tonight!!!!!!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Thanks for the encouragement!

Today has been a little easier, yet I still feel like I hoover over her and gently wiggle her hand to make sure... :sheesh:

We saw the Dr already today - of course we feed and changed Shannon at 8:30 and thought we would rest and talk until we needed to get ready for the appointment at 10:30, ah ..... needless to say we slept and were late.

Jia's "belly" is hurting a bit tonight and she is happaly but slowly/carfully taking a shower - which is apparently different than Chinese cultur usally practices post birth. I am making sure she knows what a wonderful process she just did She was a powerful woman to have a tempature of 105.2, ice packs all over and doing a great job pushing.:bow::bow::bow:

Shower just stoped and it is 1 hour and 42 minutes from Shannons last meal - as I am finishing mine now - and we need to get ready.

I REALLY REALLY LOVE THIS FAMILY "THING!" I do, it is so fulfilling and frightening along with a "side" of humility and a "pinch" dementia.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Congratulations! The dementia will actually diminish after a couple of weeks, take it from someone who has gone through that 6 months ago. And enjoy that wonderful peaceful being lying in your arms now - before you know it, she'll be crawling (that's from my experience), walking and running (OK, so that's something I haven't experienced just yet). So for now - just enjoy!

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Wow, you both sound like really strong people. Glad Jia and Shannon are healthy. Shannon is a total doll. :)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations! The dementia will actually diminish after a couple of weeks, take it from someone who has gone through that 6 months ago.
Ptichka, I remember a while back you saying something about caffeine and I asked why are you not drinking caffeine!!! Now I know, I suspected but congrats to you too!!! :clap: :biggrin: :agree:

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Ptichka we would love to see pics if you are willing, hate to ask but sometimes people might think they wouldn't want to see.....

ANyway I love the votes of confidence.

Right now Jia and I are really focusing on getting her mom here from China. Wish us luck!