Tessa Virtue Injured---Skate Canada in doubt | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue Injured---Skate Canada in doubt

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A reliable source on FSA has reported that Tessa Virtue has an arm injury and V/M will most likely not be competing at Skate Canada

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
No. Team Canada gets off to a rocky start of the season.. First Langlois/Hay and now...:no::no::cry::no::cry:

margiemo

Rinkside
virtue and moir out of skate canada

It was announced today they are out due to Tessa 's surgery

victoria90

On the Ice
Nooooooooooooooooo :cry::cry::cry: I just can't believe it! I was so looking forward to see them in SC..
Wish her a fast recovery :)

Judy

Rinkside
I'm regretting that I bought tickets .. all the big names are out .. I'm suspicious that Skate Canada waited this long to announce it after tickets went on sale to the public. They obviously knew she had surgery and wouldn't be able to do it.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
this is very unfortunate. I hate when skaters get hurt before the season even begins. This means they are out of the GPF. Hope they get well soon for Nats and Worlds.

Judy

Rinkside
I'm disappointed that Skate Canada has fallen flat .. no big names AT all due to the sudden retirements etc. They must not be pleased but nor am I pleased at spending the amount of money I did for tickets to see skaters I am not that interested in.

VGL

Rinkside
I'm disappointed too but that's the risk you take buying tickets for an event like this.

Judy

Rinkside
Yes but as I said to you earlier it's been a horrible year for Skate Canada with all the retirements .. they've virtually been left with no big names (one of the reasons why I think they waited this long to admit that V/M are no longer competing next week). I'm thinking that the arena might be pretty empty.

~tapdancer

On the Ice
Canadians are some of the greatest skating fans ever...I can't imagine the rink will be empty. I do feel bad for the fans who came to see their favorites. My faves are Davis/White and I wish I could be there to see them (I'm an American and can't afford the trip this year). I would have enjoyed seeing V/M as well (they are my second). It will still be a great event.

So sorry to hear of Tessa's injury, I had the same thing years ago and believe me, it's painful. I don't know how she's been skating. Hopefully her recovery will be complete.

Judy

Rinkside
Canadians are some of the greatest skating fans ever...I can't imagine the rink will be empty. I do feel bad for the fans who came to see their favorites. My faves are Davis/White and I wish I could be there to see them (I'm an American and can't afford the trip this year). I would have enjoyed seeing V/M as well (they are my second). It will still be a great event.

So sorry to hear of Tessa's injury, I had the same thing years ago and believe me, it's painful. I don't know how she's been skating. Hopefully her recovery will be complete.

It's a huge NHL hockey rink though unless they close sections off. I was a bit surprised that they were holding it in that size of arena. We're looking at 18000 seats plus box office seats.

lcd

Match Penalty
I'm regretting that I bought tickets .. all the big names are out .. I'm suspicious that Skate Canada waited this long to announce it after tickets went on sale to the public. They obviously knew she had surgery and wouldn't be able to do it.

My thoughts the same. I didn't buy tickets/am not going, but ... hmmm.... wonder if they could convince Scott (Tessa needs her rest - recover soon!!!) to show up at the arena for at least a meet/greet... for ticket paying fans, it would be the least that Skate Canada could do. Am assuming this opens up a slot for another Canadian team at least.

Tigger

Final Flight
It's a huge NHL hockey rink though unless they close sections off. I was a bit surprised that they were holding it in that size of arena. We're looking at 18000 seats plus box office seats.

I went "Huh!?!" when I heard about Scotiabank Place being the venue for the exact same reasons too. Skate Canada has been constantly saying the last few years they don't want to use arenas this big and then go and book SC (the event) in such an arena!?!

That's a shame about Tessa. I wish her a very speedy recovery!!

Judy

Rinkside
The Civic Centre isn't in great shape though anymore (city is fighting over decisions whether to renovate and have already torn down part of the football stands outside) so I think that was never an option.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I'm disappointed that Skate Canada has fallen flat .. no big names AT all due to the sudden retirements etc.
Obviously it's not the lineup that was originally planned, but unless more people have withdrawn that I'm not aware of, I don't think Skate Canada has "fallen flat". There are some very good skaters in the ladies' event, with a Canadian contending for the top of the podium; Patrick Chan and Evan Lysacek in the men's, and there's Dube/Davison, of course, in the pairs - the World bronze medalists, where they were stunning. The ice dance does appear a bit thinner than in some of the other Grand Prix competitions, but there's still plenty for fans to look forward to.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
That's so sudden, I've never heard about Tessa having any injury. Hope she recovers really soon! Does this mean no GPF for them?

This is so unfortunate. I was so looking forward to seeing V/M and L/H skate.