IFS Most Beautiful Ladies? | Golden Skate

IFS Most Beautiful Ladies?

M

mathman444

International Figure Skating Magazine has published it's annual list of "The 10 Most Beautiful People in Figure Skating." What do you think? Who's number one?

M

mathman444

Re: IFS Most Beautiful Ladies?

Since Kristi is not on the list, I had to go with Tai Babilonia. But if anyone said Katerina Gordeeva as the ALL TIME most beautiful skater, I wouldn't argue.

S

SteveKmetko374

I picked Ekaterina Gordeeva, but where o where is Katarina Witt on this list? I saw her last week and she's simply stunning.

R

rgirl181

Steve,
I agree with you about Witt. I saw her at an SOI reception in '97 and although she is beautiful on the ice, up close she is just dazzling. On the ice Witt tends to look heavy, especially over the last few years. But in person she looks perfect--svelte and strong.

I picked Margarita Drobiazko--love those smoldering dark looks:smokin: Plus, the sensuality she exudes dancing with her husband I think makes her even more beautiful.

But both for women and men in skating, good looks is pretty much an embarrassment of riches.
Rgirl

S

SteveKmetko374

she's dazzling all right, what I wouldn't do for that bone structure!

F

FishMilk

Hmmm... I had the hardest time picking between Tanith, Rita and Katia. Do I prefer the Cover Girl Tanith beauty, the exotic sexual beauty of Margarita, or the girl next door beauty of Katia? Depends what day of the week it is, and today, I felt like going for the Egyptian goddess look, so I voted for Rita ;) ))

S

ShadowWarrior235

Michelle Kwan should have made the list, she's much prettier than the rest of the girls on the list

S

SteveKmetko374

IN person, MK is very pretty. I met her recently and took photos, I just had them developed and It struck me how pretty she is. I think sometimes the pulled back hair and cold on the ice takes away from her complexion. When I saw her, her cheeks were rosy and her hair was down in a relaxed style. She looked very nice.

C

CoCoNuTsiopatHic

Where is Ms. Katarina Witt? She is undoubtedly the most gorgeous figure skater of all time! Her sex appeal practically melts the ice!

Hello!

Craig

J

John King

:D Of those listed,Katia,handsdown.Of those not listed,Katarina,handsdown:)rollin: and,judging by her two appearances in Playboy,other things down as well!).

Now,if I may be serious:eek: :Anjelika Krylova,she has a most beautiful face and a knockout bod!

B

BronzeisGolden02

While I never really noticed it, I thought Viktoria Volchkova looked stunning at COR. Perhaps it was the color of her costume contrasting with her blonde hair and nice skin coloration, but I thought she looked beautiful. Katarina was a real beauty back in the 80s, and Michelle has grown into quite a lovely young lady.

S

sk8cynic

From the list: Tanith Belbin...she has that million-watt smile!!:D

I would have chosen Angelika Krylova.....I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tanja Szevchenko (terrible spelling, I apologize) from Germany.

Elena Sokolova has always reminded me of a porcelain doll.

O

Ogre Mage

Beautiful female skaters

She's not on the list, but I would have to add Jill Trenary. She is one of the prettiest skaters I have ever seen.

I agree that Gordeeva is gorgeous and always has been. Witt was certainly a sex bomb in her time. I sometimes think Katarina did more to increase male viewership of skating than any other woman skater! :lol:

Interesting that someone mentioned Michelle. MK has certainly grown into an attractive woman, though her looks aren't as "showy" as some of the other ladies. But I think Michelle, like Janet Lynn, will be remembered more for her skating, whereas Kat will be remembered for her looks.

J

Joesitz

Re: Beautiful female skaters

<span style="color:maroon;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:medium;">DENISE BIELMAN, Who are you kidding?</span>

R

RealtorGal

Re: Beautiful female skaters

Katia, although the others on your list are very pretty, too.

W

WindSpirit5

I chose Tanith Belbin (if we're talking about physical beauty mostly). I think she's very pretty, maybe with the exception of her mouth (and I don't like her voice at all).

But from all the ladies I'd choose Witt: the whole package. Maybe she's a tad too heavy nowadays, but still...

Drobiazko is pretty, but her husband is much more interesting than her. ;)

M

mmandel

<span style="color:blue;">From the above list, <strong>DEFINATELY</strong> Ekaterina Gordeeva!</span>