URGENT!! IceNetwork shows the PPCs | Golden Skate

URGENT!! IceNetwork shows the PPCs

That's the Planned Program Contents for each skater. You can follow the elements before the skaters do them and you have a record of the element after you've edited it. Great for later discussions.

I don't know how I got to it but it is there on IceNetwork (in pdf)

In the SP, Johnny and Evan are doing pretty much the same but not exactly in the same order.

In the LP, Johnny, single quad; Evan quad/3T. Later Johnny, 3Zx3Tx2T; Evan will be doing 3Ax2Tx2

Anyway, get the sheets, watch the skate and CHECK FOR DELIVERY

(btw, the other disciplines are there too.)

Medusa

Record Breaker
In the SP, Johnny and Evan are doing pretty much the same but not exactly in the same order.

Found it! Great tip.

Kozuka's layouts look really challenging. He is one of the few men who don't start the short with the four jumps (why are they always doing that?). His LP looks difficult, he is trying the Quad :rock:, has five jumping passes in the second half, two of them are combos, four of those jumping passes are at the end of the program, only followed by the very last spin. I am looking forward to see that.

Reynolds plans 2 Quads and 8 Triples - we'll see how that works out but it sounds huge.

I am very surprised that Evan won't do a Quad in the short. He did it everytime last season and I think landed two Quads cleanly in the SP. Is this information accurate? Last season it was part of his "put everything out there"-plan. But it's a smart move for him not to try 3A-3T - his Axel isn't good enough to do that very well on a regular basis.

Now to Johnny: If I am not completely stupid he is only planning two combos! What's up with that? Can't he add a 2T to the Flip or the Salchow? Or even the other Lutz? And why is the Salchow always in the first half of the program? It's such a great jump for him, it looks ridiculously easy when he does it. But that Loop, that even on his best day is clearly his worst triple, is in the second half!?! I am glad that he has the circular steps in the first half of the program, that's more balanced than last year when it was 5 jumping passes - spin - jump - spin - 2 jumping passes and than the footwork and the last spins.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Kevin Raynolds's plan is very modest. If he were really ambitious, he would go for
4t-3t-3l and 4S-2t in LP. He is just easing himself into the first competition of the season.

emma

Record Breaker
totally cool, thanks for posting this link!

I only quickly looked at this - but, doesn't Weir's layout for the LP look remarkably similar to last year? And yeah, what's up with starting the season leaving the points from a third combo on the table (not to mention one of the combos is a tripe-double, not triple triple)...anyway, I still can't wait to see this and all the other programs!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why in the world would Shawn Sawyer be attempting 2 solo 3Axels in the LP? One of them will not count if he doesn't put it in combination. Could be a typo maybe?

I'm thinking with Evan not including the 4toe combo in the SP, he must have learned from Jeff, Johnny, Daisuke, and Tomas at Worlds last season who all only did 3+3 combinations, yet all of them beat Stephane and Brian who both attempted the 4toe in the SP. That's actually a good lesson to learn I think.

Once again in the LP, Evan wisely maxes out his jumping passes whereas Johnny gives up valuable points by playing it safer. Oh well, if he is in a similar situation to last year and loses at Nationals again, it won't be anyone's fault but his and his choreographer.

Last edited:

decker

On the Ice
totally cool, thanks for posting this link!

I only quickly looked at this - but, doesn't Weir's layout for the LP look remarkably similar to last year? And yeah, what's up with starting the season leaving the points from a third combo on the table (not to mention one of the combos is a tripe-double, not triple triple)...anyway, I still can't wait to see this and all the other programs!

I noticed the same things. I also note that his program is pretty well balanced, which I prefer, but once again it looks like only 4 jump passes in the second half when they get a bonus. Points are points. Gotta get 'em where you can.

But I'm not willing to write it off yet. The 3A + 2T may be to leave room for upgrading his solo quad to a 4T - 3T, which would also be a 3rd combination. Even if not, didn't he add a 3rd combination at his 2nd GP event last year? Maybe he'll upgrade one of the second-half solo jumps.

It's not what I hoped to see. But I agree that I still look forward to it. The footwork from his Thursday practice looks pretty cool.

Susan

emma

Record Breaker
^ good point - I didn't even stop to think about the possibility of building toward a quad-triple toe combo.

It's great having this sheets to use as a reference as the season unfolds!

Medusa

Record Breaker
I noticed the same things. I also note that his program is pretty well balanced, which I prefer, but once again it looks like only 4 jump passes in the second half when they get a bonus. Points are points. Gotta get 'em where you can.

But I'm not willing to write it off yet. The 3A + 2T may be to leave room for upgrading his solo quad to a 4T - 3T, which would also be a 3rd combination. Even if not, didn't he add a 3rd combination at his 2nd GP event last year? Maybe he'll upgrade one of the second-half solo jumps.

It's not what I hoped to see. But I agree that I still look forward to it. The footwork from his Thursday practice looks pretty cool.

Susan

All the guys at SA except for Kozuka and Macypura have only 4 jumping passes in the second half. Johnny actually plans to gain more points by having a Triple-Triple in the second half - that makes 5 Triples in the second half and 3 Triples + Quad in the first half. Last year he had one Triple more in the first half.

Why in the world would Shawn Sawyer be attempting 2 solo 3Axels in the LP? One of them will not count if he doesn't put it in combination. Could be a typo maybe?
Now you mention it - could be a typo with Johnny's layout too.

^ good point - I didn't even stop to think about the possibility of building toward a quad-triple toe combo.

It's great having this sheets to use as a reference as the season unfolds!
I don't know why they didn't advertise it. I just found it accidently and thanks to Medusa for getting the link. I hope they have them for all the major comps.

Of course, it's what they plan to do. What they do, remains to be seen. That is why I said CHECK FOR DELIVERY.

I think somewhere I read that the judges do not get a copy of the PPCs but the Caller group does as well as the accredited media.

Where is Mathman? He could work on the Tech as it is written and tell who has the best score on paper. :agree:

emma

Record Breaker
I don't know why they didn't advertise it. I just found it accidently and thanks to Medusa for getting the link. I hope they have them for all the major comps.

Of course, it's what they plan to do. What they do, remains to be seen. That is why I said CHECK FOR DELIVERY.

I think somewhere I read that the judges do not get a copy of the PPCs but the Caller group does as well as the accredited media.

Where is Mathman? He could work on the Tech as it is written and tell who has the best score on paper. :agree:

Joe, seriously, thanks for letting us know about this. And you are right plan versus execution can be totally different. But I love that I can have the plan, watch the program, try to figure out what they did -- you know, a better guide to watching (and I can even test myself - was that a lutz or a flutz, lip or flip, etc) and even better preparation for watching. I too hope they continue to make these available.

And seriously, where are all the 'tech people' who could calculate the possible base values etc before hand to get us all in an uproar???

Anyway, happy viewing for those who can; me, I'll await any updates with much anticipation and appreciation.

emma

Record Breaker
...Even if not, didn't he add a 3rd combination at his 2nd GP event last year? Maybe he'll upgrade one of the second-half solo jumps.

Susan

I think this was one of Weir's problems last year - he did have three combos, but I'm not even sure if he attempted them - or maybe only successfully did them in a GP; but at Nationals and Worlds I think he left one out (if my memory is working at all), which was why I sort of jumped on this jump layout (no pun intended) 'cuz it made me wonder if he decided he just couldn't do three ... anyway, time will tell and again, I can't wait to see it.

Also, yes, Weir's footwork looked great, can't wait to see it in comp.

It's Kevin Reynolds, hands down, with two quad Salchows and a quad toe planned. :yes:

Here are the numbers for jumps only (base values before second half bonuses.)

Kevin Reynolds. SP 28.5, LP 68.1, Total 96.6
Evan Lysacek. SP 23.7, LP 61.5, total 85.2
Takahiko Kozuka, SP 23.7, LP, 61.3, total 85.0
Johnny Weir. SP 23.7, LP 59.8, 83.5
Alexander Uspenski. SP 23.7, LP 56.1, total 79.8
Adam Rippon. SP 23.7, LP 55.0, total 78.7
Igor Macypura. SP 23.7, LP 54.5, total 78.2
Ian Martinez. SP 23.7, LP 54.3, total 78.0
Shawn Sawyer. SP 23.7, LP 53.0, total 76.7
Adrian Schultheiss. SP 23.7, LP 52.3, total 76.0