Ladies sp | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies sp

casken

On the Ice
Ando

3 Lutz - 3Loop - good! That looked rotated.
3 Flip - good
2 axel - good
spiral - better but iffy on change of edge
flying spin - ok
footwork - FALL!
combo spin - good
layback - only average

She had a nice mood going until the fall on the footwork. Hate these Morozov short programs with all the jumps up first though.

57.80 1st

gold12345

Medalist
The long program is going to determine mostly everything, since 1st through 5th are only separated by less than 3 points at the moment. Super tight!

pista04

On the Ice
So with this judging, 3 Americans in a virtual tie....with the current two leaders roughly 4 points ahead?

If Yu-na Kim hits on all cylinders she could get a 70 and take all the suspense out of the LP.

feraina

Record Breaker
Really great skate from Miki! :rock: Well, if you ignore the freaky fall in the slss. I was just thinking it's a great footwork sequence when she went down. Too bad... Should still put her over 60, I would think. Awesome jumps! What a huge 3Z-3R! The spins were really fast.

Oh, only 57.8 for Miki? Wow, I wonder if they downgraded the 3R, hmm...

Onto Yu-na, she can come out with a big lead after the short!

casken

On the Ice
Kim

3 Flip 3 Toe - BIG! EASY!
3 Lutz - good!
spiral - good ice coverage
2 axel - directly out of the spiral and almost falls!
layback - good
flying spin - ok
footwork - more tentative now
combo spin - good

The mistake on the axel definetely took a bit of the fire out of the program. Still, pretty well done.

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
I LOVE Yuna's SP. The 2A aside, that was one increadible skate. I can't wait to see this in a couple months.

feraina

Record Breaker
Almost perfect program from Yu-na. BEAUTIFUL 3F-3T, and 3Z. Oh, just the hand-down on the 2A, the easiest jump. What a shame! I like her program much better than last year's SP. Nice choreography, better posture and stretch, though she can still point her toe a little more sometimes. Should be over 60, I'd think...

lmarie086

Medalist
Other than the messy 2A, Yu-Na was simply breathtaking.
And look at that score! She'll be nearly untouchable in the LP!

Loved the improvement on her spiral; lovely positions. And enjoyed her expression as well.

Definitely my favorite SP thus far.

McWicked

On the Ice
Yuna got 69.50... that's it, she's winnin this competion, let's say :bow:"WE WORSHIP YOU, YOU ALMIGHTY YUNA!!! :bow:

gold12345

Medalist
Yu-Na was so overscored. Not only did she nearly fall, but her flip is clearly a lip. She shouldn't be that far ahead of Ando.