Free Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Free Dance

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Yeah! German Eurosport finally showed the top four FD's....:rock:
I stumbled onto the British Eurosport coverage today, but only the final two. I felt B/A were a bit rough around the edges and that Tanith at times looked less than graceful. She also needs to do something about the hair; you couldn't see her face half the time, and skating to this kind of music I think it's important to actually see her facial expressions. I may have been prejudiced against them, though; if I never see another Tosca I'd be more than happy.

D/S were not in top form, either, but I felt their FD had much better flow and their skating is lovely. I didn't get to see the Kerrs :scowl:. I refuse to watch their FD on Youtube, guess I'll have to wait for TEB.

jyshin

On the Ice
About B/A's FD...

Not knowing so much about the difficulty, I thought B/A's lifts were metaphorically well thought out. They were flashes of images and window to the story.

Musically speaking, not as impressive as the lifts. Music was poorly paced, especially when it jumped to the dramatic end without any preparation. Sudden change of sound material, key, speed happening all at the same time seemed to contribute to the unnecessary rush towards the end diminishing the great impact of the final fall.

In the beginning when I saw Tanith's headband... I heard myself moaning ~Gee that is so 80's... When the program ended, I thought the music was cut out to match her headband.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I enjoyed Samuelson & Bates CD & OD, but not so much their FD. I preferred last year's program to "Luna", which was more dramatic & lovely. JMHO.