I need your prayers and good thoughts... | Golden Skate

I need your prayers and good thoughts...

NanSinger2

On the Ice
I haven't been able to be on the boards much lately and here is why:

My husband (age 49), was admitted to the hospital last Thursday with two major heart attacks. He is now in the cardiac ICU unit and needs a heart transplant to survive. We are having trouble with the insurance company and the hospital will not put him on the waiting list for a donor heart until the financials are resolved. He is being kept alive by the IV's and we don't have time to waste on legal battles. Please pray for him, and send good thoughts that the right thing will happen for us.

I know this may seem strange, but it just gave me comfort to think of people from all over the country sending him warm wishes. He is such a wonderful man and the love of my life.

Thanking all of my skating friends in advance...

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Nan:

What a terrible ordeal! You and your husband are certainly in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

IceCastles1814

Rinkside
I'm sorry to hear about your husband.:( It's really sad that at a time like this you have to deal with insurance companies and have to wait for available organs. But I know that prayer can accomplish anything, so you both will definitely be in my prayers for everything to clear up for you financially and for him to get a heart transplant soon.

God bless,
Lucy

Last edited:

toutestgrace

Rinkside
Nan,

Your husband will be my 'prayer person' today - all my prayerful musings will be offered for him. I'll get my mom on the rosary too!

Barb

nymkfan51

Medalist
Nan ... so sorry for your troubles. I will certainly keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nan, so sorry to hear your news. Of course, you and your family will be in my prayers.

If possible, please keep us posted.

Dee

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
Dear Nan
Of Course we will keep you in our prayers, but you must keep us informed. We will worry. What is your husband's name, so we will know who to pray for.
Daniel and Little Lulu

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Nan I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Please keep us informed about him and I will keep a positive thought for him.

Prayers and hugs,
Donna

windspirit

On the Ice
Nan, you and your husband will be in my thoughts. You're not alone. I hope your trouble with the insurance company will get settled very soon. ((((((((((((((((((((((Nan))))))))))))))))))))))

Btw, I know that the cost of a heart transplant is very high, but it's distressing to know that you won't make the list unless you have an insurance that covers the operation or enough money to pay for it yourself.

Lisa

On the Ice
Nan, it's terrible what you and your husband are going through right now. Both of you are in my thoughts and prayers. If you are allowed to talk to him, please tell him that people from countries all over the world are thinking of him, praying for him and wishing him to recover quickly.

Hugs,
Lisa

skatesindreams

Rinkside
I add my prayers to all of those here.

Keep us informed, when you can, and take care of
yourself. You will need all your strength and energy.

Esther

Good luck, Nan. You and your family are in a real battle. You have all my best wishes.
Rgirl

Aside from Nan, this kind of thing happens everyday and is happening more and more. In addition to prayers and good thoughts to those in need, I'd like to suggest that people familiarize themselves with the health insurance crisis in this country. It was a crisis in 1992 and now it's a double crisis. Learn about it--just plug in "health insurance crisis" into most search engines--and then get after your state and federal politicians to DO SOMETHING! I know this is not the right forum, so that's all I'll say, except that Nan and her husband's situation is all too common.