Ladies SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP

Laura Lipisto is simply magnificent.

Miki was ok, but I dunno, she doesn't reach me. Much too bent over. I know it's her back but what can I say and really no relationship with the music or audience. JMO.

YuNa was ok, but I think i saw a UR in there and that spiral needs work.

The two American gals were better than I thought they woul be.

So sad for Meier. That just was baaaaad day for her.

Looking forward to the LPs.

cera

Rinkside
It would be great if Miki could land the 4S in the LP and turn this thing on its head!:laugh:

eleonora.d

On the Ice
Isn't it a bit low if she was clean?
Jumps were not shown in the right way by the camera :( imho, so it's difficult to say, but maybe YuNa's lutz was downgraded.
One sit spin position could also have been lower.
Change of position in spiral was not perfect.
The rest was solid as usual.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
I've been saying a long time that Yu Na Kim's 3flip, 3lutz's landing edge is extremely suspicious. They look VERY underrotated. She got all the rotations in the air, but for some reason couldn't get the blade around. Very similar to Mirai's landing. One of her jumps must be owngraded. I'm glad she's been caught FINALLY.

The scores at Skate America and Skate Canada were way inflated.

and I'm glad you are so satisfied FINALLY, fiercemao

puhijun

Rinkside
Apparently Yuna's Flip was "wrong edged"
and her lutz was underrotated,

Couldn't really see thanks to the Camera GRR

Okami

On the Ice
I've been looking at her jumps this season and they seem much worse than last season. Her flip entrance edge looks exactly the same as the one in her 3Lz, and the jumps (especially toe jumps) seem to rotate slower in the air and often end up being short of rotation.

It might be a part of YuNa's team plan, however. Brian said that he doesn't want her to peak to early like in last 2 season. He wants her to be in full health at Worlds, so right now YuNa might be simply undertrained.

It might be smart. Miki, for example, is pushing herself too hard (sometimes agaist her coach's wishes). I often see her looking great in practices and shows before the competition, and then by the time the competition starts her form gets worse.

Out of two, I think it's wiser to peak later in the season.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Jumps were not shown in the right way by the camera :( imho, so it's difficult to say, but maybe YuNa's lutz was downgraded.
One sit spin position could also have been lower.
Change of position in spiral was not perfect.
The rest was solid as usual.

Thank you, eleonora.d! Yuna's sit spin was high in SA, too, but it did not seem to have affected the score there.

kandidy

Final Flight
Yes, but in SA or SC , somebody had somehow knew which elements scored each, so I thought someone might got insider news.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Yes, but in SA or SC , somebody had somehow knew which elements scored each, so I thought someone might got insider news.

True. Could be info from the commentators and the media (the icenetwork reports some details in their articles before the protocol is up)?

Andalusia

Final Flight
Yu-Na's landing on her lutz was off and definitely looked shaky, so maybe that's why she scored lower than usual. I chuckled at the piles of soft toys she was presented with by the flower girls as she left the ice...I wonder if she lugged them all with her as the toys were on the bench in the kiss and cry. :rofl:

Ashley was practically perfect aside from the fall. I see so much improvement in her presentation - she's much more fluid now and looks like a real senior lady. Priscilla Hill has worked wonders with her. She didn't tack on a combo to the flip after falling on the lutz, so she missed a few points there. Still, she looked very happy with her performance and that was good to see.

And I love Laura! Gutsy of her to go for the 3-3, which was excellently done. I don't know what they drink in Finland, seeing as all the Finnish girls are so beautiful...Kiira Korpi, Susanna Poykio, Laura Lepisto...

Miki's 3-3 looked so clean that they better not have downgraded it. Shame about the flip, though, or she might be ahead of Yu-Na.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
And I love Laura! Gutsy of her to go for the 3-3, which was excellently done. I don't know what they drink in Finland, seeing as all the Finnish girls are so beautiful...Kiira Korpi, Susanna Poykio, Laura Lepisto...

Tell me about it. Jenni Vahama is gorgeous, gorgeous and beyond gorgeous. She looks like a young Ingrid Bergman.

McWicked

On the Ice
A shame about Ashley's fall!!!! Otherwise she'd have ranked higher, I see her good. Im gladly surprised with Hacker, she'll be in the best group xDDD I missed all the competition after Miki. :cry: Laura Lepisto was great. :love:

shallwedansu

On the Ice
It might be a part of YuNa's team plan, however. Brian said that he doesn't want her to peak to early like in last 2 season. He wants her to be in full health at Worlds, so right now YuNa might be simply undertrained.
I've also read Brian has said they haven't been focusing on her spins at all, so it won't aggravate her back early in the season.

I think this is a good course of action on their part because it's been the same story the past two seasons for Yu-Na. Peaking early in the season, putting too much stress on her back so that it's hard to recover for the last third of the season.

cera

Rinkside
I've also read Brian has said they haven't been focusing on her spins at all, so it won't aggravate her back early in the season.

I think this is a good course of action on their part because it's been the same story the past two seasons for Yu-Na. Peaking early in the season, putting too much stress on her back so that it's hard to recover for the last third of the season.

According to this, they've been practicing spins for this competition at least,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imw0j_yA0YY

Poor girl...the first ever downgrade and edge call...all in one SP...

Medusa

Record Breaker
That must have been a fine 3-3 from Miki, I didn't understand that the ones at SA got downgraded and she didn't get dinged here... Shame about the Flip and the low levels, what's up Morosov, isn't the COP-level thing his forte?

First time edge call and first time underrotation for Kim - happens to the best of them. Hopefully some haters are pacified now. She is leading anyway. And will come back strong.

I luuuuurrve Lepistö, she could have done even better if she had better levels. I just hope that she will be just as good in the LP, with all the underrotation and edge calls on Flip and Lutz - a good five triple performance with 2 Loops, 2 Toeloops and 1 Salchow will always stand a chance.

Wagner is definitely improved, though it sometimes looked as if she was trying too hard, there were lots of shoulder-movements and stretch-you-back-lyrically movements and hold-your-arms-gracefully-moments that looked a bit overdone and very deliberate in my opinion, especially since she was skating directly before such a natural and exquisite skater like Laura Lepistö. I was also surprised that they didn't downgrade the Lutz, it didn't look complete in my opinion.