Once Upon a Time in Mexico | Golden Skate

Once Upon a Time in Mexico

Antilles

Medalist
Anyone else seen this yet? It's a good movie,and Johnny Depp steals the show, but it was a little violent for my tastes.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I haven't seen it yet, but its on my list. I will probably wait to rent it. Judging the previews, it looks a lot like Blow, another Depp movie.

Antilles

Medalist
I would. It just depends on if you like movies with violence or not. I've seen much worse violence, I just don't have much of a stomach for anything of that nature. The acting is all good, especially Depp, the music is great, and it keeps you guessing.

Johnny Depp is just not the Flavor of the Month he is the Flavor of the Year. Nothing but praise everywhere! He's a little off-beat too, which makes me like him all the more. He's not into hollywood glamor. A James Dean type.

I could see Urmanov skating to the Pirate's background music in costume and taking the essence of Depp. A good show!!

Joe

Antilles

Medalist
I love Johhny Depp. He's just finally getting his recognition. I loved him in What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Benny and Joon and Chocolat. I can't wait to see what he does next. Word is he might play Willy Wonka in the new version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
This movie is actually the sequel, or side story after, the movie "Desperado" staring Antonio Bandares and Salma Hayek.

I've seen "Desperado" and I enjoyed it very much. I haven't seen "Once Upon a Time in Mexico", but I want to,

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Is the music composed by Ennio Morricone? He composed the music for "Once Upon a Time in the West" and "Once Upon a Time in America."

Antilles

Medalist
Actually, the director scored the movied himself. He did almost everything himself. And this movie is the third of a triology. The first was titled El Mariachi, which the direcor made for $7000. He got this money by selling his own body to science. Talk about dedication to your craft.