The Stars come out to Shine Reveiw | Golden Skate

The Stars come out to Shine Reveiw

Janet B

Spectator
Hi!

This is my first report ever so bear with me. As to jumps the only one I can tell is an Axel so I won?t be able to tell you that. So here are my general impressions

The clear high lights of the show were Shae and Vic, Emanuel Sandhu, Jeffrey Buttle, Joannie Rochette, Anabelle Langlois / Patrice Archetto, and Elizabeth Putnam / Sean Wirtz

Elizabeth Putnam / Sean Wirtz, skated an exhibition program, their spirals are just amazing and they are so fast and smooth, I hope that they continue to do well.

Anabelle Langlois / Patrice Archetto, have gotten very smooth and polished but I preferred Elizabeth Putnam / Sean Wirtz. They did two leaps of faith which is my mom's favorite move

Joannie Rochette fell twice but you could see if she get's consistent she could very well compete for world medals, I think if she has a good skate at national she may take the gold this year. I never understood what they meant about Jennifer Robinson being slow before but after seeing all the skaters I understood.

Jeffrey Buttle skated his long program and it was amazing, he fell on his first axel but did the second okay, amazing spins and positions but boy does he need a new costume. He got a standing ovation

Emanuel Sandhu skated to Ava Maria in a traditional ballet costume (Tights and Tunic). He never hit a bad line, every single position was beautiful and his control is amazing. If he could skate his competitive programs this way he would easily beat every top ranked skater in the world. I am just going to write the word gush for how much my mom and I enjoyed this program. He also got a standing ovation

Shae and Vic did an Arabian program that was great, complete with Shae crusher. Their costumes were a little over the top, but I could see that in a larger venue with show lights they would need this kind of impact

Elvis was a no show, he was sick apparently. A little speculation on my part tells me that he have a really hard time coming back. I think Fedor Andreev may get to skate at Skate Canada after all and Nicholas Young could possible get cup of china.

Lastly I think Liam Dorrity may take the title for cutest guy on the Canadian team away from Fedor

Janet B

Lee

Rinkside
Janet B said:
Elvis was a no show, he was sick apparently. A little speculation on my part tells me that he have a really hard time coming back. I think Fedor Andreev may get to skate at Skate Canada after all and Nicholas Young could possible get cup of china.
Assuming, of course, that if Elvis withdraws, he does it early enough for a replacement to be slotted in. Has SC named substitutes? I know subs were named for Worlds in 2002, which was a darn good thing given E's last-minute withdrawal from the trip to Japan.

Norlite

On the Ice
Janet B said:
Elvis was a no show, he was sick apparently. A little speculation on my part tells me that he have a really hard time coming back

Me thinks you are right.

Like Lee said, SC better get on the ball and name a sub for Elvis' GP places.

Janet B

Spectator
Mathman,

Neither of those two pics does Liam or Fedor justice. If I was still a teenager girl I would probly be slavering on the floor as it is I am almost old enough to be their mothers so I quietly enjoyed the view.

Janet

bleuchick

On the Ice
I have said this before and will say it again

Someone need to tell Skate Canada that the skaters can apply their own makeup. Every year, the make-up artist goes overboard with the make up for the national team. He or She applies makeup to the MEN as well. I am assuming that guys will be guys and not ask for some. :D

Last edited:

sweetlilnothing

Rinkside
While reading the Toronto Sun today there was a brief comment on the COPs system and it mentioned that Elvis has some sort of mono-type of virus.

missflick

On the Ice
Hmmmm

I get the sneaking suspicion Elvis won't be on the circuit this fall. Just a gut feeling.

Lee

Rinkside
Re: I have said this before and will say it again

bleuchick said:
Someone need to tell Skate Canada that the skaters can apply their own makeup. Every year, the make-up artist goes overboard with the make up for the national team. He or She applies makeup to the MEN as well. I am assuming that guys will be guys and not ask for some. :D
What makes you think SC has a makeup artist? All the skaters I know do their own makeup. How else would you explain the huge differences between Buttle's and Sandhu's face jobs?

bleuchick

On the Ice
Re: Re: I have said this before and will say it again

Lee said:
What makes you think SC has a makeup artist? All the skaters I know do their own makeup. How else would you explain the huge differences between Buttle's and Sandhu's face jobs?

Of course Buttle and Sandhu are different but take a look at the guys that Mathman chose to show in his post.

thanks Janet B and welcome.

I think Elvis just may have been away too long from practice. Hopefully, he will start working hard again and get back to at least 80 per cent of his old self.

I caught Joannie Rochette in DC Worlds and liked her very much. I believe she could become a Worlds contender if she gets consistent and makes a name for herself in the GP series.

Joe

VGL

Rinkside
Re: Re: I have said this before and will say it again

Lee said:

Shae-Lynn does Victor's make-up....sometimes she actually does a pretty good job of it too. :)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Janet B:

Thanks for the great review! When was this show? Will it be shown on tv?

As for Elvis, he does not have anything to prove - he earned his stripes - so if the comeback does not happen it's his business. He owes us nothing. He is one of Canada's greatest athletes of all time. I respect him for what ever path he chooses.

Sure sounds like our younger skaters are coming along. Great to hear.

Thanks!