USFS Announce Ticket Sales for 2010 Nats | Golden Skate

USFS Announce Ticket Sales for 2010 Nats

Sales go on 14 November 2008, and they can be packaged. One weekend for Men; one weekend for Ladies. You can attach a week to include Novice and Juniors.

The important thing about this Nats is that it is the Event Before the Olys.

It's a biggie, and not too expensive, but do you want to spend a 10-12 days in Spokane?

Here is the Press Release:

________________________________________________________________--
NEWS RELEASE

P.O. Box 30099
Spokane, WA 99223
Phone: (509) 448-6829
Fax: (509) 448-6948

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contacts:

Toby Steward & Barb Beddor - STAR USA
(509) 448-6829

2010 U.S. FIGURE SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS IN SPOKANE INTRODUCE NEW WEEKEND TICKET PACKAGES

-Packages on sale November 14 at 10 a.m. (PST)-
On Friday, Nov. 14, at 10 a.m. Weekend Ticket Packages to the 2010 U.S. Figure Skating Championships in Spokane, Wash., Jan. 14-24, go on sale to the public. The three packages include tickets to the most popular championship-level events: men's, pairs, ladies and ice dancing.
The new Weekend Ticket Packages provide four specific benefits for fans.

Tickets to the marquee events maximizing the fan experience in conjunction with the new schedule.
Payment plans that allow fans to spread the cost of the package over four payments, and pay no interest.
Fans can select the seat of their choice. They will receive the same seat to all of the events within the package they choose.
Two of the packages include tickets to the wildly popular Exhibition of Champions (Skating Spectacular). In 2007 this event was the first to sell out.
With the 2010 Olympic Games beginning in Vancouver soon after the completion of the 2010 U.S. Championships, the U.S. Championships event schedule has been adjusted to provide approximately a four-week training period from the end of each championship-level event to the start of the same event within the Olympic schedule. Therefore, all the championship events will be taking place over two weekends, with championship-level men's and pairs the first weekend, and championship-level ladies and ice dancing the second weekend.The three newly introduced options allow fans to choose a package that includes tickets to all of the events over either the first weekend or the second weekend; or a package of tickets to all of the events on both weekends.

The Men's and Pairs Weekend Package is $275. The Ladies and Ice Dancing Weekend Package is $375, or a package of both weekends is priced at $525. The payment plan for each of these packages simply divides the total into four equal payments. The first payment is due when the order is placed, the second is due on February 2, 2009, the third payment is due May 4, 2009, and the final payment is due November 2, 2009.

The Men's and Pairs weekend package includes: Eight ticketed events; Junior Men's Short Program, Championship Pairs Short Program, Championship Men's Short Program, Championship Pairs Free Skate (FINAL), Championship Men's Free Skate (FINAL), Junior Pairs Short Program, Novice Ladies Short Program, and Novice Pairs Short Program combined with Junior Men's Free Skate (Final). The package also provides access to practice at the Spokane Arena, Jan.14-17, and includes the Opening Ceremony.

The Ladies and Ice Dancing weekend package includes: Seven ticketed events;Championship Compulsory Ice Dancing combined with Championship Original Ice Dancing, Championship Ladies Short Program, Junior Free Ice Dancing (Final), Junior Ladies Free Skate (Final), Championship Free Ice Dancing (Final), Championship Ladies Free Skate (Final), and the Exhibition of Champions (Skating Spectacular). The package also provides access to practice at the Spokane Arena Jan. 21-23.

The package of both weekends provides tickets to all of the events in both the Men's and Pairs Weekend Package and the Ladies and Ice Dancing Weekend Package, as well as access to practice at the Spokane Arena Jan. 14-17 and Jan. 21-23. This package includes tickets to the Exhibition of Champions (Skating Spectacular), and will provide the same seat to all events for both weekends.

Fans purchasing the Weekend Ticket Packages will be able to select the seat of their choice by calling toll free 888-SK8-2010 or by visiting the Spokane Arena box office. Ticket purchases from the event website www.spokane2010.com will be given the best seat available at the time the order is placed. Fans who are interested in purchasing the new ticket packages are encouraged to purchase tickets early.

In addition to purchasing the newly introduced weekend ticket packages, fans can secure their hotel room for the length of their stay on the event website's accommodations page. The 2010 U.S. Figure Skating Championships' web site, www.spokane2010.com, is the one-stop shop for the most up-to-date information regarding the event.

The All Event Ticket Package is still available and is the best value. It guarantees access to all competition sessions as well as admission to all practice sessions at Spokane Arena. The package does not include admission to the Skating Spectacular on Jan. 24. Tickets to the Exhibition of Champions (Skating Spectacular) may be added to the package for $75 and provides the same seat. The ticket price for the All Event Ticket Package is $595.

The U.S. Figure Skating Championships, held annually since 1914, is the nation's most prestigious figure skating event. The 2010 competition will take place Jan. 14-24 at the Spokane Arena in Spokane and be nationally televised live on NBC and webcast on icenetwork.com. Over the course of a week, the event will crown 12 national champions in ladies, men's, pairs and ice dancing on the championship, junior and novice levels. The championships are the final event before the selection of the figure skating team that will compete for the United States 18 days later in Vancouver.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
thanks Joe...

All event - same price as when it was just a week... interesting...

unfortunately I would have no where to stay, and there's talk of a family reunion in 2010 in Cali, so gotta save my pennies... blah. I'm looking more towards Skate America or something in Canada...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
My problem is that they package the weekends incorrectly.

I would prefer the Dance be with the Men :) My husband will never watch the exhibition in any case, and I really don't care much about the ladies. However, I may try to hit the Ladies/Dance and make an argument with him since he is only in for 1/2 the skating pain as usual (plus he rather likes the ladies) that then he must watch the Champions as well.

I think Doris and Toni, that setting up their plan of action was to make sure one attended both weekends. It's more the question of do you want to spend so much time inSpokane. It is a nice town, but it is winter and I am sure the hotel will be pricey.

For me, it always interferes with an opera ticket. I'll hope icenetwork will do it and there are no gliches. Better still would be that cable Universalsport. With no commentary it is like being there except for the friends one sees every year.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Oh, I know they're trying to benefit from it as much as possible, but as you say the fans just might not be able to do do the full shebang... I mean even you are rethinking going, and I can't remember you ever not going to nationals!

oh well, such is life... :)