The Final Six Predictions | Golden Skate

The Final Six Predictions

berrycute

On the Ice
Now that everyone has skated in at least one event, and we've seen some example of their current form, who wants to predict who makes the final six? We've all been predicting for the events, I thought it would be fun to predict this too! We already have some givens (Chan, Rochette, Kim, S/S) but who else will be there?

I'm guessing (in order of how I think they'll do at the GPF):

MEN
1. Patrick Chan
2. Takahiko Kozuka
3. Brian Joubert (If he wins CoR)
4. Johnny Weir
5. Jeremy Abbott
6. Tomas Verner (If he gets silver at CoR)

LADIES
1. Yuna Kim
2. Joannie Rochette
3. Mao Asada
4. Yukari Nakano
5. Miki Ando
6. Carolina Kostner (If she wins CoR)

PAIRS
1. Zhang/Zhang
2. Savchenko/Szolkowy
3. Kawaguchi/Smirnov
4. Dubé/Davison
5. McLaughlin/Brubacker
6. Mukhortova/Trankov

DANCE
1. Delobel/Schoenfelder
2. Domnina/Shabalin
3. Belbin/Agosto
4. Davis/White
5. Faiella/Scali
6. Khohklova/Novitski

Bennett

Record Breaker
MEN
1. Patrick Chan
2. Takahiko Kozuka
3. Stephane Carriere
4. Johnny Weir
5. Jeremy Abbott
6. Tomas Verner

LADIES
1. Yuna Kim
2. Joannie Rochette
3. Mao Asada
4. Yukari Nakano
5. Miki Ando/Fumie
6. Carolina Kostner

Difficult to predict without seeing if Weir improved on his SA; and will Abbott continue his roll? Carriere is most dependable. Joubert is a fighter and will make up for the TEB. Must see Verner's CoR before any prediction. He has not been consistent. Also v.d.Perren and Oda can spoil someone's chances and Ponsero can rise to the occasion and ruin some other skater's chances

I would say the Men's are unpredictable. It's just guessing to list the six.

The Ladies seem easier: Very possible to list 4 from Japan and 1 from Korea, but the sixth lady is anybody's guess.

Kypma

Final Flight
The Ladies seem easier: Very possible to list 4 from Japan and 1 from Korea, but the sixth lady is anybody's guess.

If you have 4 Japanese ladies and Yu-Na Kim from Korea, then your "sixth lady is anybody's guess" must be Joannie Rochette, who's won both her events :love:

-Kypma

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
MEN
1. Patrick Chan
2. Jeremy Abbott
3. Takahiko Kozuka
4. Johnny Weir
5. Alban Preaubert
6. Stephen Carriere

LADIES
1. Yu-Na Kim
2. Joannie Rochette
3. Yukari Nakano
4. Mao Asada
5. Miki Ando
6. Rachael Flatt

PAIRS
1. Zhang/Zhang
2. Savchenko/Szolkowy
3. Kawaguchi/Smirnov
4. Dubé/Davison
5. Pang/Tong
6. Mukhortova/Trankov

DANCE
1. Delobel/Schoenfelder
2. Domnina/Shabalin
3. Faiella/Scali
4. Davis/White
5. Belbin/Agosto
6. Khohklova/Novitski

bmelanie

On the Ice
I'm going to forestall judgement until I see Mao at NHK (still can't forget last year's GP when she heaved herself up to silver after being fifth at the sp); so far, it looks pretty much like

1. Yu-Na Kim
2. Joannie Rochette

and 3, 4, 5, 6 look like they're up for grabs between Mao Asada, Nakano Yukari, Carolina Kostner and Miki Ando (really no telling who will step up at the crucial moment).

I'm going to forestall judgement until I see Mao at NHK (still can't forget last year's GP when she heaved herself up to silver after being fifth at the sp); so far, it looks pretty much like

1. Yu-Na Kim
2. Joannie Rochette

and 3, 4, 5, 6 look like they're up for grabs between Mao Asada, Nakano Yukari, Carolina Kostner and Miki Ando (really no telling who will step up at the crucial moment).
Good idea!! most of the posts that I read is about the results of the Final and not about the results of who is going to the Finals and much of that seems to be just guessing or wishing. 4Down; 2 to Go.

Depending on NHK and Oda's gold medal{?} I see Weir and Carriere pushing out Lysacek and Preaubert. However, if my fav, Ponsero has a good day, he can make it too, as well as Kevin Reynolds. must be gold, however.

Weir an Carrier must make Gold or Silver. how will Oda place? That is the question.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Depending on NHK and Oda's gold medal{?} I see Weir and Carriere pushing out Lysacek and Preaubert. However, if my fav, Ponsero has a good day, he can make it too, as well as Kevin Reynolds. must be gold, however.

Weir an Carrier must make Gold or Silver. how will Oda place? That is the question.

I do not dare to make predictions; I gave that up long ago lolololol.

I do agree that Oda's placement is of prime importance. I found a video of him skating not too long ago, and he has grown physically, and looks very disciplined and determined. He may only be in one GP event, but I think he may be a force to be reckoned with at Worlds, if he wins the NHK; Nobu has good reason to be extra highly motivated, this season. Daisuke is out for the season with injury, so I am thinking that Kozuka and Oda are logical choices for Japan to send to Worlds. This particular element of uncertainty makes the NHK fascinating to anticipate.

~tapdancer

On the Ice
I don't think anyone has much of chance to predict the ice dance! You can speculate all you want but I think it's going to be a real dogfight! Every team seems to be a little bit vulnerable in regard to placement. How exciting that ice dance finally has that edge of uncertainty! Makes for a great competition.

lmarie086

Medalist
I don't think anyone has much of chance to predict the ice dance! You can speculate all you want but I think it's going to be a real dogfight! Every team seems to be a little bit vulnerable in regard to placement. How exciting that ice dance finally has that edge of uncertainty! Makes for a great competition.

ITA. Especially if you consider the FD, the scores (if we're just talking the 5 probable qualifiers) are very, very close. The OD scores are mostly within the 55-59 range it would appear (I'm not counting D/W's OD from CoR because that was a disaster that I expect/hope to never see from them again). So with no CD, it's going to be so intense. I can't wait.

berrycute

On the Ice
Now that everyone has skated in at least one event, and we've seen some example of their current form, who wants to predict who makes the final six? We've all been predicting for the events, I thought it would be fun to predict this too! We already have some givens (Chan, Rochette, Kim, S/S) but who else will be there?

I'm guessing (in order of how I think they'll do at the GPF):

MEN
1. Patrick Chan
2. Takahiko Kozuka
3. Brian Joubert (If he wins CoR)
4. Johnny Weir
5. Jeremy Abbott
6. Tomas Verner (If he gets silver at CoR)

LADIES
1. Yuna Kim
2. Joannie Rochette
3. Mao Asada
4. Yukari Nakano
5. Miki Ando
6. Carolina Kostner (If she wins CoR)

PAIRS
1. Zhang/Zhang
2. Savchenko/Szolkowy
3. Kawaguchi/Smirnov
4. Dubé/Davison
5. McLaughlin/Brubacker
6. Mukhortova/Trankov

DANCE
1. Delobel/Schoenfelder
2. Domnina/Shabalin
3. Belbin/Agosto
4. Davis/White
5. Faiella/Scali
6. Khohklova/Novitski

Hey, I did pretty good! Men's, ladies' and dance completely right, missed two on pairs'.

berrycute

On the Ice
It's actually :)
3. Johnny Weir
4. Brian Joubert

I was just talking about getting the names right, plus the order I put is not qualification order but how I think they'll do at the GPF (that's spelled out at the start of my first post).