Ladies SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP

antmanb

Record Breaker
Danilenko was so crooked she was suspended by the _Soviet_ federation (for her marks at the 1986 world championships in the mens lp).

I thought the 1986 Danilenko was called Natalia? For that reason i thought it was a different Danilenko to the current one called Tatiana??

Ant

Ant, you have to put in emoticons, or how will read between the lines? ;)

I should i suppose, i just always felt it was lucky for the ISU that they did support the WSF so that they were "justified" in banning them for life, since i think the wheels were already in motion to push those people out of their positions of power, seemingly because they weren't corrupt and spoke out against the corruption in the ISU.

I agree with the suspension. One can criticize - harshly, even - and try to change things, but setting up a rival federation is going too far.

You see this is where we disagree - I don't see anything wrong with them setting up a rival organisation. While i agree that legally there wasn't much for them to do - i think competition laws should apply to an organisation that has the monopoly that the ISU has, especially if the organisation is rife with corruption. At this stage i think it is a pretty rotten from the inside organisation, starting from scratch with a mandate of fair judging aboving all else being the only real way to change anything.

Ant

Last edited by a moderator:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
You see this is where we disagree - I don't see anything wrong with them setting up a rival organisation. While i agree that legally there wasn't much for them to do - i think competition laws should apply to an organisation that has the monopoly that the ISU has, especially if the organisation is rife with corruption. At this stage i think it is a pretty rotten from the inside organisation, starting from scratch with a mandate of fair judging aboving all else being the only real way to change anything.
Let me clarify what I was trying to get at: I think setting up the WSF was legally and perhaps morally fine, but in terms of their relationship with the ISU, the ISU was justified in protecting its interests.

The WSF people were taking a risk and it didn't pay off, but they knew what they were getting into so I can't say I feel to sorry for them. There are greater injusices, even in figure skating.

Last edited:

Mafke

Medalist
I thought the 1986 Danilenko was called Natalia? For that reason i thought it was a different Danilenko to the current one called Tatiana??

AFAIK 1986 and 2002 and 2008 Danilenko are one and the same.

L

LKR722

So to resume this here... ummm... let's count How many of you think Kimmie was scored unfairly in her SP???

Unfairly, especially the UR called on her 3 loop. I also think she held her positions in her spiral sequence for the required 3+ seconds to obtain a level 3 or 4 rather than a level 1.

Tesla

Final Flight
So to resume this here... ummm... let's count How many of you think Kimmie was scored unfairly in her SP???

Fair = 0
Unfair = 1

I just watched her performance, and I think she was scored fairly. I could tell she didn't hold the positions long enough in her spins, and her spirals looked short. Her 3loop also looked cheated, but I'm not sure about the other jumps. Unfortunately, I think she deserved the low levels.

oleada

Record Breaker
I think it was fair, too. Sad, but within the rules. The same thing (re: not holding spiral positions for at least x number of seconds) happened to Mao at Worlds last year.

R.D.

Record Breaker
don't want to sound like a downer, but come on guys- it's over. what's done is done. I'm sure the skater in question has moved on and is looking to improve in the next comp. Nothing can be changed in this situation, and arguing or lamenting about it is not going to achieve much imo. So in my view, I wish Meissner the best of luck at Nats- she's gonna need every ounce of it- and let's look forward to the next competition in Japan.

antmanb

Record Breaker
This' gettin so interesting, so far we have:

fair = 3
unfair = 3

I think it was unfair.

Red Dog said:
I don't want to sound like a downer, but come on guys- it's over. what's done is done. I'm sure the skater in question has moved on and is looking to improve in the next comp. Nothing can be changed in this situation, and arguing or lamenting about it is not going to achieve much imo. So in my view, I wish Meissner the best of luck at Nats- she's gonna need every ounce of it- and let's look forward to the next competition in Japan.

Oh come on RD - if fans just accepted the result and moved on what would be the point of the forum? :p

Ant