Ladies SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP

Tesla

Final Flight
The elements may be the same. just executed differently. Her spins and spiral were not that good today.
She'll get lower levels if spins don't have enough revolutions or the spirals aren't held long enough. It doesn't matter if the elements are the same if she doesn't execute them properly for the higher levels. I know judging sucks, but I'm willing to give the Tech Caller the benefit of the doubt because I know crap about the technical aspects and they do. The judges liked her performance because they gave her good PCS, but they only had so much to work with when it came to the TES. Carolina gets high scores because of her speed. I don't agree with that, but there you go.

McWicked

On the Ice
Do you guys think she will protest? I think Kimmie's too nice to do that -_-

Kimmie is too nice to protest, right. But in this case she should; the jumps were fine, except for maybe the 2Axel... somethin was wrong. She was so shocked, so was I. I dont usually get mad watchin sports, even when Kimmie fell at SA a couple of times, I was ok with the placement, but not here. Im mad :mad:

Tesla

Final Flight
Kimmie is too nice to protest, right. But in this case she should; the jumps were fine, except for maybe the 2Axel... somethin was wrong. She was so shocked, so was I. I dont usually get mad watchin sports, even when Kimmie fell at SA a couple of times, I was ok with the placement, but not here. Im mad :mad:

How do you know the jumps were fine? Did you super slo-mo her jumps? Are you an expert? I remember slo-moing her gold medal performance at the World championships and she those triple-triples were cheated. I wonder how shocked she'll be when she sees the replay. I honestly don't know. I can only go by what I read. Besides here, does anyone else think she was robbed?

ETA Ok, who has really seen her performance on a quality screen with super slo-mo replay? I think it's a bit farfetched to say that she was dinged because she was a huge threat.

outofafrica

Rinkside
It just now seems like.. when Kimmie does well, ie, not falling, the tech controller will find other problems... when she falls, the tech controller starts to be nice to her on other elements...

for example, this sp, and worlds past season

Tesla

Final Flight
And I just read on another board that the Ice Network feed is pretty crappy, even the replay, so I'm going to give the Tech Caller the benefit of the doubt.

outofafrica

Rinkside
And I just read on another board that the Ice Network feed is pretty crappy, even the replay, so I'm going to give the Tech Caller the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe it's that person's internet? Icenetwork seems perfectly fine to me.... and you can definitely see where did she take off and where did she land..

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Kimmie was too dangerous (could finish very well) so did they rob her with some excuse?
Sometimes bad scoring is just bad scoring. Really, must everything be interpreted as a conpspiracy? Who is she dangerous to? Why would one American be the target of a plot while the other, who has actually done better in competition recently, be given a perfectly reasonable score?

BTW, Kostner has been known to get level 1s on her sprials. It often just a lapse in concentration and you don't hold a position as you should. But Kimmie's URs, except for the 2A, are bizarre. Who was the caller for the SP?

Tesla said:
Don't. I watched on Eurosport, and the picture was quite sharp. Chris and Nicky were as confused by her scoring as we are.

Last edited:

gold12345

Medalist
How do you know the jumps were fine? Did you super slo-mo her jumps? Are you an expert? I remember slo-moing her gold medal performance at the World championships and she those triple-triples were cheated. I wonder how shocked she'll be when she sees the replay. I honestly don't know. I can only go by what I read. Besides here, does anyone else think she was robbed?

ETA Ok, who has really seen her performance on a quality screen with super slo-mo replay? I think it's a bit farfetched to say that she was dinged because she was a huge threat.

I thought her 3-3's at those Worlds were very good. Sometimes it's about what angle you look at and crap like that. What I think is rotated may be underrotated to someone else. That's partly why I think it's absolutely insane that falling on a jump is better than underrotating it.

As for a protest, I don't know if you can even do that or if anyone would even listen.

Tesla

Final Flight
Maybe it's that person's internet? Icenetwork seems perfectly fine to me.... and you can definitely see where did she take off and where did she land..
I just read that the replay screens are badly focused. I think Kimmie just had a really bad skate. I don't think there is a conspiracy. I think her nerves might be getting the best of her. She's been dinged for underrotations in the past, and they seem to be really cracking down on them.

ETA At the time, I had DVR'd Kimmie's Worlds performance and slo-mo'd her 3-3s. They were def. cheated.

Last edited:

c_e_ahlen

On the Ice
While I am a big fan of Kimmie's, I don't quite get why everyone is so upset.

Where I grew up and skated, a triple is a triple only if it is actually fully rotated, and shall be counted as such. Why would they award someone for doing an INCORRECT (aka, under rotated) jump? It doesn't make sense to me. A non-fully rotated triple, with more than a quarter revolution left is, technically, a double. That's just the reality of it.

Unfortunately, this hardening of the rules do hit the American ladies worst, since they have a history of getting away with under rotated jumps (ex, Sarah Hughes). The European ladies rarely have a problem with it.

The new system was designed so that you would get points ONLY for what you actually did then and there, not what you might be capable of. A double is a double and a triple is a triple.

And no, I don't agree with the inflation of Kostner's points. The system is faulty in many ways, and can still be improved, but I am so happy you no longer can get points for jumps you actually can't do.

I don't mean to offend anyone, it's just my opinion.

outofafrica

Rinkside
The things is... when I was watching, i thought several other skaters' jumps should be downgraded, but the score shows that they weren't downgraded.. So i thought the judges are easy on the skaters today, then there's Kimmie's "bomb" score.....

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While I am a big fan of Kimmie's, I don't quite get why everyone is so upset.

Where I grew up and skated, a triple is a triple only if it is actually fully rotated, and shall be counted as such. Why would they award someone for doing an INCORRECT (aka, under rotated) jump? It doesn't make sense to me. A non-fully rotated triple, with more than a quarter revolution left is, technically, a double. That's just the reality of it.

Unfortunately, this hardening of the rules do hit the American ladies worst, since they have a history of getting away with under rotated jumps (ex, Sarah Hughes). The European ladies rarely have a problem with it.

The new system was designed so that you would get points ONLY for what you actually did then and there, not what you might be capable of. A double is a double and a triple is a triple.

And no, I don't agree with the inflation of Kostner's points. The system is faulty in many ways, and can still be improved, but I am so happy you no longer can get points for jumps you actually can't do.

I don't mean to offend anyone, it's just my opinion.

I agree! :agree: