What's wrong with the ice? | Golden Skate

What's wrong with the ice?

Sdongxie

On the Ice
I've never seen so many strange falls like yesterday's competition, which some of them fell when they weren't doing any technical elements, someone fell when he was spinning that was never happened to him before, and of course, a lot of
skaters fell on their jumps.

I don't think is normal for these skaters...

I just want to know what's wrong with the ice in the rink?!

Sdongxie

On the Ice
In the pairs' SP, so many skaters fell, and two team of them fell when they didn't do any technical elements, I/M and Z/Z. You can see the videos, and Dan Zhang said that she caught her blade on a hole on the ice and stumble.

There are two posts which the posters were watching the pairs live

Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Nodari MAISURADZE had a really strange fall. After landing *beautiful* sbs 3T, his skate caught on the ice, he fell and then she fell on top of him. He looked devastated on the end of the program... :(

The scores of all these pairs at this competition were inflated. V/M had a near clean performance at CoC, their score was under 60, today with 2 falls, they were roughly the same. Z/Z had a 100% perfect performance at CoC, and they only got 67. Today they got a stepout on 3S, and a strange fall, they still got 67.

Dan Zhang said in K&C that she was caught in a rut, therefore the strange fall. The ice surface must have some glitches today.

Last edited by a moderator: