Remembering Sergei Grinkov | Golden Skate

Remembering Sergei Grinkov

chania36

On the Ice
I wanted to know if some of you though of Sergei yesterday, its already been 13 years now since he passed away... I just cant forget, each year, when november 20 come, I always think of him, I imagine that some of you are too.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I normally make a note that this is the month he passed on, but I always seem to forget it was Nov. 20. He's still very missed. You can't help but wonder what if.

~tapdancer

On the Ice
Sometimes it's just so hard to believe how long it's been. I remember it like it was yesterday, I was totally into the heyday of 90s figure skating and G&G were my favorite pair team. I was devastated at the news and ached for Katia for a long time. So hoping she continues to be happy, both her and Daria. Sergei is definitely missed.

Mimzy

Rinkside
Yes - a little bit of sadness, and lots of happy memories! Mr. Grinkov is very missed. Lots of prayers and good wishes for Katia and Daria.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Thanks for reminding us. My prayers are with Katia and Daria...they were such a beautiful family.

His sudden death was perhaps the most tragic moments in our sport :(

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Such a terrible loss. I remember that day - a good friend called me from work to tell me that she heard the news on the radio. He will always be missed, but remembered lovingly.

gocaroline

On the Ice
Sometimes it's just so hard to believe how long it's been. I remember it like it was yesterday, I was totally into the heyday of 90s figure skating and G&G were my favorite pair team. I was devastated at the news and ached for Katia for a long time. So hoping she continues to be happy, both her and Daria. Sergei is definitely missed.

That's exactly how I felt too. I remember seeing G&G at COI in Madison Square Garden. They were turely amazing together, and their second Olympic gold winning program is my alltime favorite:love:

Winnipeg

Final Flight
It sure does seem like yesterday..................he certainly made a lasting contribution to the sport and will always be remembered. G and G still remain my all time favorite pairs team..................