Exhibition? | Golden Skate

Exhibition?

Kimmie Fan

On the Ice
It appears Ice Network is going to show the CoR exhibition...their live feed is still on after the award ceremony was finished.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
It appears Ice Network is going to show the CoR exhibition...their live feed is still on after the award ceremony was finished.

Thanks for the alert, Kimmie Fan. :)

I guess this means even the exhibition videos will be legally denied to U.S. fans on the basis of copyright. I hope that there will be some descriptions posted on this thread, though.

I am having to exercise a great deal of personal restraint to keep myself from making scathing references to the IN policy, but it is very difficult. It is ironic that people in other parts of the world are free to watch GP TV broadcasts and Webcasts, while in "the land of the free", the people are suddenly not free to do so.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Just watched it on Eurosport - I tried to tape it, but I had no clue how to do that on the computer and ended up crashing the system twice and consequently gave up on it.

I just got a few thoughts; these Russian Ice Dancers who won today (too lazy to look up their names) are really daring and fun. Joubert showed everyone his lyrical side first - which is not too bad actually, his fluent, fast skating and good edging makes it quite enjoyable - and after that he rocked the house. Zhang/Zhang must have a new costume designer, their costumes went from horrific and ugly to terrific and stylish over the summer - I especially loved her exhibition outfit. On an equally shallow note I just want Smirnov to grow his hair back - please! Pretty please? I need to start a petition...

Kostner and Verner kept their exhibitions from last year and they were okay. I like Flatt's exhibtion (Respect), the upbeat program really suits her - as does the costume (no more baby blue princess dresses please - oops, shallow again). And Suguri was fantastic, probably landed more clean Triples than in the free program, and not just Toeloops.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
One minor gripe about Eurosport commenting. When they were talking about the great Moskvina, they were going through her OGM champions, but forgot to mention Valova & Vasiliev. :no:

fiercemao

Match Penalty
I just got a few thoughts; these Russian Ice Dancers who won today (too lazy to look up their names) are really daring and fun. Joubert showed everyone his lyrical side first - which is not too bad actually, his fluent, fast skating and good edging makes it quite enjoyable - and after that he rocked the house. Zhang/Zhang must have a new costume designer, their costumes went from horrific and ugly to terrific and stylish over the summer - I especially loved her exhibition outfit. On an equally shallow note I just want Smirnov to grow his hair back - please! Pretty please? I need to start a petition...

Zhang/Zhang's costume designer this season is their coach Bin Yao. They used to have costumes designed by Americans and Russians. Bin Yao hated those flashy stripes &accessories and so he decided to design the costume for Z/Z himself. Yao used to design for Shen&Zhao's costumes in their early years when the Chinese team had very limited budget. Those costumes were hideous.

Kawaguchi needs to ditch that mini color skirt. It makes her even more like an underage teenager girl.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
No and No. IN did advertise that the Exhibitions would be availalbe On Demand. I am still waiting.

Demarinis, did you ever get to see the Exhibitions? I read on a board that Brian skated two programs in it so very well, that I wish I could see them.

Not that i am crazy about Exhibitions but I could watch a few if for no other reason than I have nothing to do. But Unfortunately, NYC is not a Figure Skating town, so no local network will offer figure skating on a Sunday afternoon when we can get 3 major networks giving us college football.

Maybe a revised judging system could include a 1% bonus for the best FREE skate routines.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I read elsewhere that IN did not show the exhibitions after all.

This was the way I looked before all the IN-YouTube erasure craziness :)

This is how I look now. :sheesh: :banging: :unsure: