New Slutskaya article | Golden Skate

New Slutskaya article

She is, if possible, even busier now than when she was competing. She's hosting TV shows in her native Russia, and skating on a "Dancing with the Stars"-like program. She's doing some acting, and this week she came to the United States for a show that promotes heart disease awareness.

And in her favorite role of all, she's a mom. Her son, Artem, turned 1 earlier this month...

Slutskaya, who turns 30 in February, was one of the world's best for a decade, often battling good friend Michelle Kwan for the top spot on the podium. She had incredible athleticism, allowing her to pull off the toughest jumps — she can still do all five triples — and spins.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/23/sports/othersports/23slutskaya.html

champs

Final Flight
I am a happy fan of her as long as she is smiling, and wish her luck for what she wants to pursue at every stage of her life :clap: Nothing can beat her cute smile.

Audrey19

On the Ice
Thanks for posting, MM! It's great to hear that she's happy and enjoying herself. I wish all the best for whatever she will do in the future. But still, I miss her so much!

sillylionlove

Medalist
I am glad to hear that she is happy and doing well. While I was never the biggest fan of her skating...she seemed like a really nice and genuine person. And I actually miss seeing her skate!!