Free Dance | Golden Skate

Free Dance

dancefan77

Rinkside
I love S/B and I hope they perform much better in the FD to move up and get bronze.

So for the Chinese team Yu/Wang just finished their program. I prefer this Romeo and Juliet program over the Italians although Yu messed up on her twizzle and the program fizzled at the end. They are into 1st place so far.

Last edited:

dancefan77

Rinkside
The Reeds are done. It was an okay performance. I prefer their FD from last year. Some places it looked sloppy and they skated slow in some of the footwork passages. The spread eagle entrance into one of their lifts looked shaky too.

They have a one point deduction but still got first place.

dancefan77

Rinkside
Love Weaver/Poje's free dance. Definitely the best performance so far. Love the lifts and expression. Nice twizzles.

ETA: They are in 1st.

Last edited:

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Love Weaver/Poje's free dance. Definitely the best performance so far. Love the lifts and xpression. Nice twizzles.

ETA: They are in 1st.

I missed a lot of it b/c my feed kept cutting out. I did notice that they did not perform that lift right at the end of their program as they did at CoC. What did they replace it with. I love these guys, and I can't believe they scored even lower here than at CoC. I just don't get it.

dancefan77

Rinkside
Navarro/Bommentre---Kim's in a different dress. Blue and sparkly. Like it better than the black at Skate Canada. I love that they are doing something different. I actually like the music but the choreography...I wish it was better to really show off the program. They skated it with much more attack but Kim made a mistake on a footwork sequence. I love them but I thought W/P performed better.

dancefan77

Rinkside
Skatingfan04, sorry. I can't remember. I would have to go back and look once IceNetwork posts the videos.

Kinga

Medalist
Geee, Juliet in the G-string... Sorry, but no matter how great the dance could be, I am just terribly distracted by her... wedgie.

dancefan77

Rinkside
LOL...And the 3rd Romeo and Juliet program of the competition too.

B/S skated with much energy and attack but I don't enjoy the FD like some of the others.

ETA: 80.55 score and into 1st

dancefan77

Rinkside
OMG!!! Emily and Evan had a fall out of their dance spin. Look like one of them lost control and Evan fell on the ice and almost took Emily with him.They were skating sooo well before that. They look crushed.

ETA: 78.35 with a one point deduction. Into 1st place but I doubt they get the bronze now.

Last edited:

Kinga

Medalist
Sam/B were indeed a bit boring (still a bit juniorish). Apart from the fall, they really have to work on better lines and extension. But they are promissing.

Kinga

Medalist
Even with the fall, I still like S/B better than this Russian couple. THAT was really boring to me.. And the ending position.. Blah
So far this competition is not that great.....

dancefan77

Rinkside
Gorshkova and Butikov had messed up on the SBS twizzles but they did a really good job overall and I really enjoyed their performance and character. They looked slower than S/B and B/S but I expect them to be in 1st place.

ETA: Woah...they are in 3rd place. I wasn't expecting that.

Kinga

Medalist
Gorshkova and Butikov had messed up on the SBS twizzles but they did a really good job overall and I really enjoyed their performance and character. They looked slower than S/B and B/S but I expect them to be in 1st place.

ETA: Woah...they are in 3rd place. I wasn't expecting that.

Wow, judges agreeded with me :)

I really don't know what to think about P/B's FD. Very mixed feelings

Last edited:

dancefan77

Rinkside
Pechalat/Bourzat's performance soooo much better than Skate Canada. I still prefer last year's FD but the lifts are great.

87.95 and into 1st

dancefan77

Rinkside
Faiella/Scali---There was a little bobble on a lift but overall, they did great. I wish I could get more into this program like I saw on an earlier program they had in Italy. It was beautiful there but this performance for me was better than TEB. I just hope they can skate it better in the future.

ETA: 87.28 and into 1st place. Congratulations to them on their win.

Kinga

Medalist
F/S. They are always a problem to me. No matter how hard I try to get into their skating, I just can't . I still liked this performance more than in TEB. But, the overused music and strange clothes do not make it original to me. (Sorry that I find so much negativity in this competition). But definitely they deserve to win. Technically, it was a very difficult program.

Hmmm, I thought that the point gap would be bigger.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Failla & Scali won completely on the strength of their compulsory; they lost tiny fractions of points on both their original and their free. Interesting...