Whose quad do you like the best? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Whose quad do you like the best?

Whose quad do you like the best?

• Total voters

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I chose Takahashi's and Elvis Stojko's will always be my favourite.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Tim Goebel was and will always be the original quad king, nobody jumped and landed them like he did. To this day, he landed the most quads in competition more than any other skater. He was the first to land the Quad Salcow, and one of the first to put it in mulitiple combinations.

Here is to Tim Goebel the True Quad King and Rightful 2003 World Champion
(Will never forgive Plushenko for that)

antmanb

Record Breaker
Tim Goebel was and will always be the original quad king, nobody jumped and landed them like he did. To this day, he landed the most quads in competition more than any other skater. He was the first to land the Quad Salcow, and one of the first to put it in mulitiple combinations.

To be honest though the issue I have with Tim Goebel is that he always outrigged those salchows. In other words - he used the non skating foot to jump from as well as the jumping leg. The me that was wildly flawed technique which meant, to me, he shouldn't get as much credit as he does for thos quad sals. I'm sure under COP there's a bullet under the negatiev GOEs that refers to outrigging.

Here is to Tim Goebel the True Quad King and Rightful 2003 World Champion
(Will never forgive Plushenko for that)

What is there to blame Pluschenko for? If you think the result was wrong blame the judges not the skaters!

Ant

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
For present: I voted for Brian because his look like he's confident he'll land them vs. the more common "well, here it goes..." (ala Evan & Johnny)

I also voted other because nobody does a quad like Timothy - outrigging or not. He was simply awesome!

lcd

Match Penalty
Brandon Mroz' looked pretty textbook to me. Give him a year or two, some seasoning/testosterone to grow on, and look out

Lucky Star

Final Flight
No one can do it better than Plushenko. And he'll be back for winning his second Olimpic gold ;)

seniorita

Record Breaker
Ponsero's and Takahashi's look effortless, sometimes Lampiel's also although the free leg looks bizzare
best of the best is Plushy's :party2:

Last edited:

jenny

Rinkside
Definitely Poncero..

Actually i like Jubert more :love:

but Poncero quard is more high and clear.:thumbsup:

icecold1

Spectator
Brandon Mroz

For a well developed quad check out Brandon Mroz's on youtube for how young he is its so well done. Favorite Skater for the current time being by Far!