Interview with Kurt Browning (A is for Axel) | Golden Skate

Interview with Kurt Browning (A is for Axel)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
http://currentskateofmind.com/2008/12/02/interview-kurt-browning/

Jocelyn Jane Cox: How did this project come about?

Kurt Browning: I picked up the phone one day and on the other end of the line was an offer to write this style of book about skating. I loved the idea and like writing and poems, especially silly and fun ones, and so I jumped (pun intended) at the chance. How they got the idea to ask me to write it, I am not sure.

it's a neat little interview... and, hey, it's Kurt so I'll take it ;)

I love this book, myself. I bought my copy in Jan 2006 and he signed it. The illustrations are beautiful, and the book is humorous and not just for kids, IMO. I would definitely recommend it to ANYONE who collects skating memorabillia.

skamper23

Medalist
Kurt saying he has "some secret stuff waiting to spring out there in the world...You'll have to wait." hmmm.....very interesting!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
wasn't there an article a while back that was on Sonia (aka Mrs. Kurt Browning ;)) writing an alphabet book based on dance and that Kurt was helping?

not suggesting that's what he's referring to, but am I dreaming or is she/did she writing one?

Teenes

On the Ice
Kurt first mentioned that dance book to me back in the spring of 2006 so they've been working on it for quite a while, and no it's not out yet. Doesn't seem like Sleeping Bear Press gives them very strict deadlines though - I think "A is for Axel" was a while in the making too!

Alsace

On the Ice
wasn't there an article a while back that was on Sonia (aka Mrs. Kurt Browning ;)) writing an alphabet book based on dance and that Kurt was helping?

not suggesting that's what he's referring to, but am I dreaming or is she/did she writing one?

You're not dreaming at all, perhaps your brain is a little overloaded by finals, but actually, Kurt mentioned it in the interview.

J.J.C.: Will there be a follow-up?

K.B.:.....There will be a follow up book about dance and I am helping my wife Sonia with it. Sonia is a principal dancer with the National Ballet of Canada. Working together on this project has been a good experience for us. It has been fun having a common goal.