Question: Kozuka's exhibition program | Golden Skate

Question: Kozuka's exhibition program

jyshin

On the Ice
Kozuka did two jumps in a row in different directions towards the end of his exhibition program. Can anyone tell me what kind of jumps those were and how would it score if he had performed it in competition? Thanks in advance.^^

antmanb

Record Breaker
Was it an exhibition after one of the GPs? Can you remember which GP?

Ant

Mafke

Medalist
I'm pretty sure that jumps/spins in different directions don't get any extra points in CoP.

They might increase PCSs (or they might not)

antmanb

Record Breaker
I upload this file for you :)

http://www.dailymotion.com/immoiTW/video/x7lj9d_takahiko-kozuka-08tebex_sport

It's at 2:44-2:48

I really like this performance, too. So ...hope you'll enjoy it :p

It's been taken down already.

Ant

I'm pretty sure that jumps/spins in different directions don't get any extra points in CoP.

They might increase PCSs (or they might not)

Well jumps in different directions don't get any bonus points (heck jumps done in combination don't extra points, why would anything else that makes the jump harder get any bonus points). The only possible advantage to doing one jump in one direction and one in another might be that landing a reverse rotation jump for an ordinarily Anti clockwise skater might be landing on the LBO edge fromt he reverse rotation jump would allow them to go directly into a lutz as the second half of a combination.

More likely though the skater (like the vids of Rohene Ward and Stephane Lambiel i've seen doing jumps one way then another) would need steps and hops between the jump turning it into a sequence, therefore getting hit with the 0.8 sequence penalty. That coupled with teh risk of the reverse jump being hit with -GOEs i don't think there's much incentive for the skater.

Conversely spins in the other direction are viewed as level enhancers in combination spins - a lot of the pairs spin one way and then the other. I presume also that if you do a backspin in the reverse direction and then change feet to a forward spin in the normal direction you tick off two bullets for the purposes of level enhancer. Quite a few paris are doing that this season.

Ant

Last edited by a moderator:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm at a loss why it was taken down. It's from the Dream on Ice show and IN and USFS do not have broadcast rights to it, AFAIK.

BTW, I enjoyed it very much.