Survivor Season 7 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Survivor Season 7

Blade1

On the Ice
I think voting off Lill was a big mistake on their part. Sure she lost the last hook to catch fish, however she was putting forth the effort in the tribe, and was helping out way more than Darrah did. So what, Darrah was in a harness, sitting for a few hours during the challenge and maybe lasted longer as apose to if Lill was sitting up there, however they weren't looking for a person who had strength for that challenge, they were looking for the smallest and lightest person so that the two strongest would be able to hold them up.

I personally think that the Morgan Team are just "stupid" I mean did you listen to their comments during tribal council? Jeff is just about laughing at them. They go off saying "oh in the next challenge I truly believe we are going to be the team to shine and be on top .." COME ON ... you said that last tribal council and look where you are this week?

I've got to give Osten credit, he did one hell of a job during that challenge, but he still annoyes the hell out of me !!!

I am rooting for Rubert ALL THE WAY ! He's my favorite thus far. I just hope he makes it to the end.

heyang

Record Breaker
I felt a bit bad for Osten last night. He really gave it his best and he held out a lot longer than most - especially with a lack of sleep and food. I'm really curious about the preview of him yelling for help...if I recall correctly, he's not a great swimmer.

I'm not sure if I would've voted for Darrah or Lil. It's tough to judge because of editing. I think they voted Lil off because they want strength for the challenges. Since Lil lit the fire every day, we'll find out if that was the best decision for them next week.

BTW, they did one smart thing in hiding the fishing net. I don't think Christa spotted it.

I did not get the tribal council. Ryan-O says they have to stop doing things seperately. At council, they say they are working together. With the exception of fish net, I didn't see a new better shelter either.

I can only assume that they showed Sandra's and Jon's screaming match to setup next week's conflict. Will Drake really throw a competition just to get rid of someone?

I'm curious. If Morgan continues to dwindle, will the reconfiguration of teams happen early just to keep this season going? At the rate Morgan is losing, they might elimnate themselves.

mike79

On the Ice
Well Burton deserved to go tonight. Even Shawn voted against him. Michelle (who I had really been liking) is in a bad spot right now since she was part of that alliance.

Christa is getting better every week, I hope she goes far.

God knows what's going to happen when Rupert comes back to the Drake tribe. I hope he doesn't get the boot.

Jon is an ass but he's entertaining to watch. As long as he's on the show he'll be the one everyone is hoping to see lose.

Osten gets worse as the weeks go by. He literally loses entire challenges for his team by himself.

Anyone else find Tijuana to be fake? There's something about her that seems so phony every week when she greets the Drake members who come to loot the camp. She took Jon out in the challenge tonight though so at least she's got that going for her.

Is Andrew the most inept leader ever? He's gonna think he's all high and mighty after winning that IC. Too bad Drake handed the victory to Morgan.

Even though Jon was drunk at TC I could still make out the words coming out of his mouth. Darrah, however, is completely incomprehensible.

I hope we get to see more of Trish. She seems pretty cool so far.

Sandra rocks. I hope her and Rupert make it the the F2.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I missed the first 15 minutes of the show; why were they thinking about voting off Christa??

I don't think they should have voted off Burton so soon. I want to slap Jon. Again, why would they vote off Burton vs Jon. :confused: :rolleye:

I hope they don't keep Osten, what a cry baby. :cry::cry: I couldn't believe that during a challenge two of his team mates have to go and save him.

Dee

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Jon is irritating! He was high as a kite because he thought he was the swing vote - which he wasn't - but I bet that's the last time he's got control. They're going to vote him off as soon as he's despensible, I'd guess (I hope!).

I think Jeff was irritated by them at tribal council. They wouldn't give him anything. Although, I'm sure he knows what's going on -what everyone is plotting and planning, because I'm sure he watches the tapes.

I wonder why they chose Christa? I like her and hope she does well.

Why'd Shawn turn on Burton? Threat, maybe?

I wonder how the producers decided to let the immunity winner take a member of the other tribe. Didn't seem fair to give that one person immunity over the rest of the tribe. Also, didn't allow him to participate in the direction his tribe was going.

I think the producers watch what is going on in the tribes and combine that with how the tribes are doing at challenges and ammend the game based on that. I don't think they ever want it to get too lopsided - although, it has this time around. But, I do think they make ammendments as they go to retain a little control over the game. I highly doubt that when planning this season, they said 'Okay, 4th immunity challenge is not only for immunity, but also for the temporary use of another tribesperson.' I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Great season so far.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Dee4707 said:
I missed the first 15 minutes of the show; why were they thinking about voting off Christa??
I don't think they should have voted off Burton so soon. I want to slap Jon. Again, why would they vote off Burton vs Jon. :confused: :rolleye:
I hope they don't keep Osten, what a cry baby. :cry::cry: I couldn't believe that during a challenge two of his team mates have to go and save him.

Dee

Too funny Dee about Osten!!!

Regarding Christa: She just seemed a bit whiny and not really clicking with everyone else. I don't know if you saw the part when Burton and Rupert were talking in the middle of the night. Burton approached Rupert about throwing the challenge so that they could vote off Christa or Trish. Then Rupert made the comment that in his mind he was calling Burton a traitor and that if this were a real pirate culture he would be gone.

Burton was on the CBS Early Show this morning. He said that his conversation with Rupert lasted over 1 hour. He also said that other tribe mates had talked about throwing the challenge to get rid of someone, not specifying who. I'm sure that Sandra would have wanted to get rid of Jon. However, Burton and Rupert were definitely the biggest threats in the tribe and I'm sure if Rupert hadn't gone over to Morgan as part of winning immunity, he would have voted for Burton. It was also revealed (when Burton was saying his final words) that Shawn voted for Burton!!! Burton, Shawn, and Michelle were an alliance. But he also said that he would have voted off a strong player who was a threat as well.

Burton on Jon: He was entertaining. I knew he would be a swing vote because it was either me or Christa. He was a brilliant player. I have nothing against him.

Burton on Rupert: (about Rupert's comment that he was like the HS pretty boy jock) He's being a bit high schoolish. He isolated himself a lot from the tribe. -- which I have to kind of disagree with as Rupert seemed to be socializing with the women except for Michelle.

I can't wait to see what happens next week!!

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

guinevere

Final Flight
As much as dislike Jon, he was the swing vote last night - I don't think Shawn would have voted for Burton if Jon hadn't. I think Jon told Shawn what was happening and he chose to go with the majority. And because of his illusions of grandeur, Burton was the correct person to vote out this episode - but if Drake is mart they will get rid of Jon fast now. I don't see that happening however.

And Tijuana was equally responsible for that reward challenge disaster last night - WOW is she an idiot, running out there when Darrah was ready to go, with the mask on her head.

I can't believe I have to wait another week for the next episode!

guinevere

heyang

Record Breaker
Jon seems to be a Rob(from last Survivor)-wannabee. Only problem is that he's super-irritating. Rob didn't seem to get on the nerves of his tribemates as much as Jon. Hope he goes next.

The producers promised twists this season - they have to do things like this to avoid letting the contestants know what's going to happen. This pirate theme rocks!!! The pillaging and taking captives (Rupert) make the competitions even more critical.

I'm not sure it was good idea for Drake to throw the immunity challenge. They sure didn't expect to lose Rupert as a result. Based on the previews, it seems like Rupert will be doing well with Morgan - will it save him after a merge?

BTW, I heard on interview with Lil on the radio. She said that Rupert is an honorable pirate because he didn't steal their sneakers at the marketplace. Also, she said that Osten was a really nice guy - they talked a lot and she said that Osten was just very much out of his element in the outdoors. She thought that he probably thought that his physical strength would help him manage being outside his element. My opinion, he probably never really watched Survivor if he didn't realize how much of a jungle it is.

BTW, I'm finding Ryan O to be particularly annoying.

marguerita

Rinkside
Jeff was obviously annoyed with Jon at Tribal Council I think his commedian act is wearing thin. From the previews seems Rupert is bonding w/Morgan. They are just going to be so happy that he can catch some FISH for them. LOL Too bad Rupert couldn't bring his fish spear along too. Love his sewing skills too. His new skirt is DIVINE! LOL

I agree that Osten must not have watched past Survivor Shows because he totally seems caught off guard about how bad it was going to be *roughing it*. Poor thing I do feel sorry for him having to wear his undies day in and out. However, dummy shouldn't have sold all his freakin clothes. LOL

Blade1

On the Ice
First of all This Survior is probably the BEST ONE YET *in my opinion* I absolutly LOVE the Pirate Theme of this show , and I just can't wait to see next week.

Second of all - they really need to get rid of Osten. Sure he may be a nice guy and all, but come on, "I'm drowning" Give me a break. Ok I can understand, they haven't eaten, and with being in water like that, and being weak, I can understand how he might have felt that he needed the help to get back in. But "DUH" you've got goggles on your head, why not use them, he could have gotten one of those pieces of the puzzle the first time he dived in to try to get one. Osten in my eyes is weak.

Thirdly, very nice twist they added, with Rupert going to the other tribe for the night. I am sure that Rupert is smart not to give too much information to the other tribes, because well he's playing the game right, and he's too smart to "goof" up and spill about what their tribe "plans" are etc... Its normally for his tribe to worry, not knowing what he is saying or doing.

And MY GOSH I wanted to splap Jon right across the head. He is gettting VERY annoying to watch, and he isn't all that funny at all. He thinks he's all that, and King of the Island, with his stupid wreastling jokes are just too much. I feel bad for the other tribe members who have to listen to him day in and day out. If my memory serves me correctly, having watched an interview before Survivor started, I believe Jon was the one said in an interview that he wanted to be the first guy on Survivor to have "sex" on the Island. PPPLLLEEAAASSEE :rolleye: I wouldn't go near the guy, even if someone payed me a million dollars to do it. I really hope he's the next one to get the boot.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Predictions

Any predictions about who might get the boot tonight? I'm hoping Jon or Osten?

Dee

guinevere

Final Flight
My hope is Jon or Andrew ~

Jon because he's annoying AND because he's such a schemer that everyone should realize now that he's a threat to anyone's success.

Andrew because he is a terrible terrible leader. His tribe should wake up to that fact.

Who do I think will go? Darrah or Michelle

guinevere

heyang

Record Breaker
Well, Michelle was the one to go which wasn't very surprising since she seems to be the 'weakest' and they still need their strength for the challenges.

I really wish they would get rid of Jon. He is so annoying. 'Sandra's mind is smaller than a sardines'. I'd like to see him drink all that and add a sardine. Those smoothies must've been hard on the stomach and it's tough to down a 2nd one with salt water. Also, he cost the team the reward challenge by paddling with the rudder.

Rupert's still the man. I enjoyed that he said outright at tribal council that he disagreed with throwing the immunity challenge.

mike79

On the Ice
Rupert looks unstoppable right now. When the merge happens he will have friends from both tribes. If the others knew what was good for them they would kick him out because he's so strong, and no one stands a chance against the guy in the finals.

As long as Osten and Jon are gone soon I'll be happy.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mike I agree with you about Rupert. I hope he makes it to the finals but I don't think he will. I think Rupert knows that too.

Can we all just slap Jon? He is just downright stupid. I think he thinks he's cute. I can imagine him winning the game though. How has he stayed this long? Why vote off Burton and Michelle when you have Jon to vote off. Doesn't make sense to me, does it to you?

In the pool at work, I have Andrew and I am hoping he won't get the boot but I understand what you mean by a bad leader. Don't you think he is trying hard not to ruffle feathers. When they were thinking about moving the camp, he wanted to put it up for vote. Please!!

Dee

guinevere

Final Flight
I think Jon should thank Burton. I imagine Jon would have been the first to go - but Burton was so determined to get rid of Christa that he made everyone else choose sides - so he had to go.

But now, Drake is voting based on immediate threat (or perceived threat), when they should be looking further down the road. Either Shawn or Jon would have been a much better choice to go this time, based on the imminent merge, or whatever they're going to call it this time.

Andrew is a stupid leader. Dee, I'm sorry you got saddled with him! And Osten and his weird fear of anything based in nature - what the heck did he think this show was going to be about? I hope that bird next week bites him on his Morgan Behind.

guinevere

ps Go Rupert!!

heyang

Record Breaker
Someone on another board saw Michelle being interviewed on the Early Show. She said Jon did a lot more than was shown (with regard to helping out around the camp) and would not comment on Rupert. Apparently, the editor's really know how to do their job and make the show interesting.

Rupert may be a target after the merger due to his ability to win challenges. He's playing smart by being nice to the Morgan's, but not overly so for now.

I couldn't believe that Osten wanted to wait to move the shelter. Exactly what were you so busy doing already?

And Burt O - what was with saying that it wasn't his fault that the big fish got away.

Until the merge, neither team would be smart to get rid of the brawn. It was apparent that Drake suffered in the reward challenge without Rupert and Burton. Sean had to do all the diving while Jon was trying to paddle with the rudder. Drake didnt' have enough brawn to win the reward challenge.

Those seafood smoothies were disgusting - especially with the last one with the salt water and whole sardine. Keeping that down after the 1st must've been really hard.

I haven't figure out what Drake's voting strategy is. No alliance seems very firm with them. At least, Andrew, Ryan O, Osten and Tijuana have a very firm alliance for now. But on Drake, Sean already switched his alliance the 1st time by voting off Burt. I know Trish was worried since her alliance with Sean and Burt was broken by Shawn, but it's apparent that the other's aren't particularly loyal to their own.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope that bird next week bites him on his Morgan Behind.
Guinevere, :laugh: :laugh:. Osten is just a big baby and a spoiled brat!!

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Any predictions for tonight? For some reason I think that Rupert is being set up.............possibly for failure and the boot. I think if the tribe feels threatened by him this is still not the time to get rid of him, not when you have Jon.

Dee