News from Korea | Golden Skate

News from Korea

SusieH

On the Ice
Thank you very much for your efforts and the link. You're greatly appreciated :)

So Joubert wants to skate pair with Yu-Na someday in the future? Hmm, I remember Johnny once said he wants to have Yu-Na as his ice-dancing parter after he retires from single skating. OMG, she will be one popular girl after her retirement! :laugh:

Maybe they should duel :cool:

Snowgirl

On the Ice
Sorry, Joubert, Yu-Na is for Johnny (according to her own preferences). Take Marchei anytime...

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Sorry, Joubert, Yu-Na is for Johnny (according to her own preferences). Take Marchei anytime...
I read somewhere that Joubert and Marchei broke up.

I think the Joubert pairs idea dates to when he said that if he won 2006 Olys he'd switch to pairs. That didn't happen, and since he'll be 25 by the end of this Olympic cycle, I'm not seeing it.

ETA: Jasmine, welcome and thanks for pointing us to that link. Your English is great, and even if it weren't, it's multinational here ;).

Last edited:

Snowgirl

On the Ice
A broken couple can still skate together :)
Of course he is kidding, but single skaters sometimes pair in shows, Brian and Valentina did that last Christmas.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I'd love to see Mao and the retired Jeff pair together. They made a great couple at the ICE. When Jeff kissed her, he looked so adorable and Mao hilarious. Not sure how long Jeff needs to wait for her to retire from the singles though. By 2014, Jeff would be 31? But he looks so young that he should be fine:biggrin:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thank you Jasmine for the link. Finally some news from Korea. Welcome
to GS.

shallwedansu

On the Ice
Jasmine, your English is great! Thanks for the link and all the interview translations. I enjoyed reading Brian's interview. It must have been surprising and nice to get greeted at the airport!

http://i35.tinypic.com/svrokh.jpg :love: I love this picture! Mini Chan is adorable.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Jasmine, your English is great! Thanks for the link and all the interview translations. I enjoyed reading Brian's interview. It must have been surprising and nice to get greeted at the airport!

Not surprising on FSU a year ago someone said that Joubert once told them that Yu-na and Meissner were the prettiest female skaters and Brian has expressed interest in pairs for years. Four years ago he wanted to pair with Sasha Cohen. I'd actually rather see Yu-na do pairs than dance.

bekalc

Record Breaker
But really if they all skate for Korea, Yu-na can do both dance with Johnny and Pairs with Joubert.:laugh: Like Kristi did pairs and singles at the same time.

McWicked

On the Ice
Not surprising on FSU a year ago someone said that Joubert once told them that Yu-na and Meissner were the prettiest female skaters and Brian has expressed interest in pairs for years. Four years ago he wanted to pair with Sasha Cohen. I'd actually rather see Yu-na do pairs than dance.

What?!?!?! What??!?! I dont like that Brian anymore... settin his eyeson my favorite girls!!! ¬¬... I could bare seeing him with Yuna, but NOT Meissner!!! :laugh::laugh: Im selfish, cant help it :cool:

Last edited:

jyshin

On the Ice
Practice reports...

Mao arrived late for her practice, and she ended up not practicing any of her elements. It sounded like she just skated around to test the ice.
Her flight was delayed due to the weather condition. Hmm, I wonder why she didn't plan fly in a day early.

Yuna is practicing well, except for her triple loop. The success rate during the practice was about 50%.

Brian Jubert received some sort of treatment from a Korean doctor. Apparently, he is into oriental medicine.

One of Korean fan called Ko-gu-ma (trans: sweet potato) draw caricatures of all the participants of GF, 36 in total. Other fans have been raising money over the internet to print each caricature on a mug to give it to each skater as a souvenir. There will be banners of these caricatures during the competition as a sign of cheers from Korea fans.

Jonny Weir in his interview compared Mao and Kim as "sweet/soft VS firery/dominant"...he added who you like depends on "personal taste" :)
Jonny said he has been in Asia for 2 weeks. Where has he been?

SBS is going to broadcast all the events in real time on their website.
1> Go to
http://news.sbs.co.kr/tv/issue/tv_final_main.jsp
2> click on "TV on Air"

Buttercup

Record Breaker
One of Korean fan called Ko-gu-ma (trans: sweet potato) draw caricatures of all the participants of GF, 36 in total. Other fans have been raising money over the internet to print each caricature on a mug to give it to each skater as a souvenir. There will be banners of these caricatures during the competition as a sign of cheers from Korea fans.

SBS is going to broadcast all the events in real time on their website.
1> Go to
http://news.sbs.co.kr/tv/issue/tv_final_main.jsp
2> click on "TV on Air"
First, thank you so much for the broadcast link, I hope it'll work for me. Stupid Eurosport paying for the rights and then only showing the FD live :scowl:.

I've seen those drawings on the Yu-Na forum, and they are very cute! I think it would be a really fun souvernir for the skaters. But does anyone know why Brian Joubert's eyes are on fire in the drawing? It looks like he needs some eye drops! ;)

gourry

Final Flight
Miki changed her LP

I'm not so sure if this is the right thread or if anyone already posted this but...
Miki changed her LP program to Symphony No. 3 Organ by Camille Saint-Saens.

http://www.isufs.org/bios/isufs00005594.htm

I'm really suprised at this news. I watched SA and I did prefer Yukari's LP(but prefered Miki's costume :p) but this change seems so sudden. I thought if they change they would go back to Carmen number which I liked very much, but a totally new program! I'm both excited and worried.

And about that caricatures by sweetpotato, they are really adorable!!! (I love Johnny's, B/A's, D/W's, and Patrick's especially!!) I want to have those mugs myself!! I bet the skaters will love them. How sweet!