Ladies SP -- Discuss and share live PBP here! | Golden Skate

Ladies SP -- Discuss and share live PBP here!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Please use this thread to discuss the Ladies SP, and for any live PBP comments!

Elvin Walker has written a preview of all the Senior Grand Prix events for Golden Skate: http://goldenskate.com/articles/2008/gpf_preview.shtml
And there is a thread discussing his predictions - please use that thread when talking about the preview :)

I've also got to 'get serious' for a minute in this thread. We're not going to tolerate board or fan wars in this thread. If you need to review the guidelines the link is here - - healthy discussion/debate is fine, but let's keep it positive and about the skating. This includes the YouTube wars - if you want to argue the finer points of the fandom and the jumps based on videos I hear there's a huge

And a reminder to ALL members: Policing the boards is the job of the moderators. When someone is out of line use the report feature, once you post to the offensive post(er) it muddies the water. The best way to stop the fight is to ignore them (even if you have to use the ignore feature). Take issues with members off the thread and into email or PMs.

Now that that unpleasantness is done.... onto the ladies.
Again - I'm not Doris, not trying to be, just giving a basic preview. :)

Going to list them as they qualified. :)

1 Yu-Na Kim KOR - She's had a nice run so far, but she's the home crowd favorite? Will she be able to hold it together, or will her stardom prove problematic? When the strains of "Danse Macabre" begin, we'll see.

2 Joannie ROCHETTE CAN - How many predicted this? Joannie's having a top notch season... so far. It ain't "Summertime" anymore, we're into full blown skating season, and the pressure is going to be big on Joannie to pull another great competition out of her hat.

3 Mao ASADA JPN - Her "Clare De Lune" is a lovely touch, but will it place her on top in this stiff competition? She's had a rocky start, but rallied back at NHK. The Kim-Asada rivalry starts in earnest here. Will it be as exciting as it's hyped to be, or will it fizzle?

4 Carolina KOSTNER ITA - With all eyes on the big three, Carolina may fair better here with no pressure on her. That's if she can stay on her feet and complete all of her jumps. Will her program to 'Mujer Sola' & 'Canaro en Paris' be enough to keep her in the hunt?

5 Yukari NAKANO JPN - Japan just keeps churning out great skaters. Will we see an upset or sorts and have an all Japanese podium? Nakano has the goods and, just like with Kostner, with the world eyeing Kim and Asada she can quietly and gracefully make her mark here. Can she "Romance" the audience and judges here?

6 Miki ANDO JPN - Miki finds herself still in the mix. Discussion has been that she's on her way out, but some of us still believe! Will she waltz herself back into grace with "The Chairman's Waltz" ? Will the judges reward her if she does?

I feel like I'm John Hammond or Bob Costas coming up with random weirdness... I need a break from life lol

berrycute

On the Ice
I'm hella excited! I like all the musical choices here, "Danse Macabre" and the Romance from The Gadfly are old favorites, and I really like Carolina's Tango medley.

Can someone also do a fashion report? What are the ladies wearing?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks Toni. Ladies will be starting soon. Good luck to YuNa, Mao, Caro, Yukari, Miki and a special shout out to Joannie(sentimental favorite of mine)
I hope that all the ladies perform to their potential. There will be a lot of talent out on the ice for sure. Everyone of these ladies brings something special to the sport and I like them all.

Last edited:

Wrlmy

Medalist
55.44 for Miki

Yukari Nakano

3f-2t
3z, PJ mentions possible ur
Yukari is so pretty.
2a out of spread eagle
lovely spin

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great skate for Yukari. To bad about Miki's fall, she really skated that program well other than the mistake.Miki's spiral sequence was beautiful.