Who has the best edges as they stroke? (Ladies) | Golden Skate

Who has the best edges as they stroke? (Ladies)

Who has the best edges as they stroke?

• Total voters

Bennett

Record Breaker
I voted for Mao, Mirai, Joannie, and Yuna.

I heard that Fumie used to be among the fastest skaters. I also feel that Yukari is getting faster and faster in her skating and her edges in spiral are getting deeper and deeper. But I somehow have not had a chance to be impressed by their basic skating skills yet. I do not know why not though.

Last edited:
L

LKR722

I think Joannie has the best edges among the current ladies.

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
I voted for Mao and Yu-Na... their skating skills are in a league of their own among the ladies. If Joannie keeps improving, she will be up there too. I think it's still too early to tell for Mirai and some of the other skaters that weren't listed that are just breaking into the Senior level. Sometimes Mirai's skating seems very Junior-ish, other times it's much better.

Last edited:

Bennett

Record Breaker
I love Joannie's a lot, too. Her skating and steps look like those of ice dancers.

Caro is very fast, but her forward crossovers can be numerous.

Yuna's skating is very fast and has a great flow.

Mao's is very soft and gentle. Sometimes she looks relatively slow, but it may be because she is doing more complicated steps and has fewer crossovers than others.

Miki's looks fast, but her edges sometimes can be wobbly for no visible reason.

lcd

Match Penalty
Ekaterina Gordeeva. Yuka Sato. They both flew and floated and not a sound to be heard. Ladies today could learn a thing or two IMO

antmanb

Record Breaker
Definitely Yuka Sato and Ekaterina Gordeeva - they have the quiestest edges and build speed effortlessly.

Ant

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Given that the selections only included currently competing skaters, that is how I voted. Yuka Sato should definitely be included if we're talking history of ladies' skating. She's such a beautiful skater! :love: