Pairs SP | Golden Skate

Pairs SP

oleada

Record Breaker
Yukari Nakano is in the audience! :clap:
Narumi Takahashi has totally won me over - she has a great smile and looks totally excited to be there.

oleada

Record Breaker
Casteli & Shnapir - 2Twist, 2Lz with turn out, hand down and two foot all at once (her), throw 2Lo. Great program with fantastic use of the music and transitions. Side by side spins need work.

oleada

Record Breaker
Zhang & Wang - great job, a very clean performance. But their presentation is weak. I preferred Casteli & Shnapir's program.

life684

Final Flight
1) Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR USA 44.84 25.36 19.48 5.10 4.75 4.75 5.05 4.70

oleada

Record Breaker
3Twist - Martiusheva & Rogonov, Krasilnikova & Bezmaternikh did it this season. Illiushechkina & Maisuradze did it last season. However, the junior pairs are not allowed to the triple twist in the short program.

Takahashi & Tran - complete and utter meltdown. :( I think their only clean element was their lift. Poor things. 3 falls, I think.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Poor Japanese... But they are young and such a new team, their skating skills are great, she exudes personality. It was very gentleman-like of him to fall on the Twist - after he caught her and brought her safely back to earth.

And now the JGPF welcomes you to the shortened version of the Russian Junior Nationals!

life684

Final Flight
3Twist - Martiusheva & Rogonov, Krasilnikova & Bezmaternikh did it this season. Illiushechkina & Maisuradze did it last season. However, the junior pairs are not allowed to the triple twist in the short program.

Takahashi & Tran - complete and utter meltdown. :( I think their only clean element was their lift. Poor things. 3 falls, I think.

Thanks for that information oleada.

oleada

Record Breaker
Ozerova fell on her 2Lz and seriously hurt her ankle :eek: I was sure they would withdraw - they had a really long stop and she came up to talk with the coaches on the boards. But they kept going and she even landed the throw (partially on one knee). Yikes.

She's crying, looks so disappointed.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Ksenia K. grew so tall over the summer - but it makes for a great look, it would be amazing if these two managed to sort everything out and stay together. That would be couple that doesn't follow the typical pixie + muscleman image of pair skating. But who the heck gave them the same haircut?

What a throw from the Russians No.3 - it looked like a Chinese throw.

oleada

Record Breaker
Not the best day for Russian pairs...Imaikina & Novoselov had a step out on their 2Lz and an fall on the lift. Yikes. Fantastic throw, though.

oleada

Record Breaker
Martiusheva & Rogonov - she fell on 2Lz, otherwise fabulous. Great choreography to Kalinka.

I/M - the best of the night. Absolutely fab, saved this SP for me. New SB.

oleada

Record Breaker
There were 9 deductions in the competition.
There were 8 teams competing.
That will tell you all you need to know about the quality of this event.

(which is not to say that they aren't good skaters, it was just one of those nights)

Medusa

Record Breaker
I/M - the best of the night. Absolutely fab, saved this SP for me. New SB.
They were so great. I loved the sharpness of the 2 Lutzes, the speed and strength of the lift, the throw was wonderful, the twist is very good and high - the creativity and innovations in their programs are amazing, especially considering their youth.

She got this feisty self-confident look and he looks like the Russian Brubaker. They should have a bright future.

oleada

Record Breaker
They were so fantastic that I forgot to do PBP because I couldn't keep my eyes off of them. :D

Binthere

On the Ice
Hmmm... errors for a rough night out in pairs. Dance had two of the top 3 ranked skaters with unexpected mistakes too.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Russian pairs dominate in Goyang City

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081211&content_id=57184&vkey=ice_news

The top five ranked pairs teams at the Junior Grand Prix Final in Goyang City, Korea, were all from Russia. Three of those teams occupied the top spots after the short program.

Reigning junior world silver medalists Lubov Iliushechkina and Nodari Maisuradze won the short program after scoring a season best 56.88 skating to Lorena McKennitt's "Prologue." A throw triple loop highlighted their program.