Johnny's flip | Golden Skate

Johnny's flip

Bennett

Record Breaker
Do you think that Johnny is getting worse at the flip, or are judges getting stricker? He received the edge call only at Worlds last season. Somehow, he is getting "!" or "e" at all competitions this season. He used to receive +1 GOE on this jump. It hurts a lot in terms of the points.

Does he lip so badly? There aren't many videos available that are showing his flip in slow-mo; so I wonder.

gold12345

Medalist
Do you think that Johnny is getting worse at the flip, or are judges getting stricker? He received the edge call only at Worlds last season. Somehow, he is getting "!" or "e" at all competitions this season. He used to receive +1 GOE on this jump. It hurts a lot in terms of the points.

Does he lip so badly? There aren't many videos available that are showing his flip in slow-mo; so I wonder.

I don't know, but Patrick Chan is a pretty bad lipper, too. Does he get called for it? I have no problem with the edge call if they apply it to everyone who deserves it.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I don't know, but Patrick Chan is a pretty bad lipper, too. Does he get called for it?

So far this season there's been two "!" calls, in his SP at TEB and GPF. So the judges obviously don't think he's that bad of a "lipper"?