Takahiko's half?/single? jump going into the three jump combo in LP | Golden Skate

Takahiko's half?/single? jump going into the three jump combo in LP

Bennett

Record Breaker
I liked Taka's little half?/single? jump going into the three jump combo during the latter half of the LP. What is that called? How do you do that in terms of the entrance and exit as well as edges?

gkelly

Record Breaker
It's a walley, from the opposite foot/rotating in the opposite direction from most of his jumps.

Left back inside takeoff, left back outside landing, rotating clockwise.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Thanks!
How do you take off from the left back inside toward the clockwise direction? Isn't the skater on the counter-clockwise curve?

gkelly

Record Breaker
That's what makes walleys difficult and why they're not done with multiple revolutions.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Not in a competition. I don't think I've ever seen a 2walley, either

Someone has previously posted a youtube link to a skater performaing a double walley in a competitive program - it may have been gkelly (who posted the link not landed the double walley :p)?

Ant

gkelly

Record Breaker
antmanb said:
Someone has previously posted a youtube link to a skater performaing a double walley in a competitive program - it may have been gkelly (who posted the link not landed the double walley )?

Heh, I can't do a single walley either!

It was this guy, at about 1:25
http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=YTtKRLnTv0E&feature=PlayList&p=D0A3B8F736AE4453&playnext=1&index=40

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=SRlkkAkE3M4

His ex.

He also does some interesting steps around 2:30ish-2:40ish of this video. What are they?

:scratch: Just steps. It's hard to see some of that section because of the change in camera angles. Most of the interesting things he's doing there don't really have names.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Thanks for looking. I especially liked the ones where he steps from the outside onto another outside. That's cute.