Baiul meets with estranged father | Golden Skate

Baiul meets with estranged father

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not a whole lot of info in this article (need to scroll midway down), but I hope the meeting was a fruitful one.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
This is very interesting. I hope that it will help Oksana put some of her issues behind her. I'd love to see her back on the ice with a renewed passion.

John King

Final Flight
Thanks,Paula,her fans wondered when this day would come.I hope her 5 year sobriety,relationship with fiance Gene plus acceptance by his family will help her heal old wounds in this reunion.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I hope this will work out well for her. It is hard to confront a difficult past. My heart goes out to her.
dpp

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it was reported in IFS in her interview with them that she was planning to do it

with her not making a statement I can only wonder how well it went. Call me a pessimist...

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Well, personally, I had a similar meeting with my estranged father several years ago. It was more about me asking the questions I had always wanted to ask...just to say certain things out loud and know they were heard by the person that needed to hear them. So, it probably wasn't a Hallmark moment, but a realistic one that should give her some peace. I didn't expect some wonderful relationship to result (and I really didn't want one), but I think it was more for closure. It sounds as if it is the same type of situation for Oksana. Either way, I sincerely hope that she'll realize all the good things about herself and rise above all of the struggles of the post-Lillehammer years.

Well said, BronzeisGolden, but then yours is the voice of truth and experience talking. I agree with you that I doubt Oksana went there expecting hugs and flowers. I don't know of course, but I would think she might have met with some sort of counselor before she even set up the meeting as well as before going. As for your last sentence, "Either way, I sincerely hope that she'll realize all the good things about herself and rise above all of the struggles of the post-Lillehammer years," amen to that, BG, amen to that.
Rgirl