U.S. Nationals is almost here! | Golden Skate

U.S. Nationals is almost here!

flying camel

Medalist
I can't believe Nationals is less than a month away. Remember when we could not wait for the GP events to start. They have come and gone.

I am most excited about seeing competitive skating on TV. I didn't realize how much I miss watching skating until they took it away. I am most excited for the ladies. I am anxious to see who get the 2 spots for worlds. What are you guys looking forward to?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Will Nationals be shown in NBC??? please say yes!

I have a feeling that Davis and White will be the champions this year. I think that Tanith and Ben will either withdraw because of his back or else skate below par again and Meryl and Charlie will seize the day.

I think that johnny will get his title back and that the ladies champ will be a virgin to the title. I also say that McLaughlin and Brubaker will repeat as champions !

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm a Canuck, so that means I'm MAD MAD MAD about the men's event!!! :yes: Throughout CBC's coverage of the GP series, the commentators were in awe of the depth of talent amongst the American guys. I'm just as excited about the US Nationals as I'm about the Canadian Nationals! :party2: Both competitions are only about a week apart, so what a treat!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
a week apart? really? normally it's just days apart if not the same schedule...

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
a week apart? really? normally it's just days apart if not the same schedule...

The CBC will broadcast the Can. Nationals from Jan. 16-18, while NBC begins its coverage on Jan. 24th, so it's roughly a week apart.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
In the United States, the ladies are usually the stars of the show. This year, it will most likely be the men.

feraina

Record Breaker
In the United States, the ladies are usually the stars of the show. This year, it will most likely be the men.

I don't know, it depends on how it turns out. Heading into last year, one might not have thought that it would've been a particularly exciting National's, with Kimmie in bad shape, Emily missing, and the young ladies without a clear favorite among them. But the four young skaters, plus Katrina Hacker, all brought their A-game to National's, and made it very exciting (including perfect programs, and first-time triple-triples). I feel like some of them even peaked at National's (Wagner, Nagasu, Hacker) and maybe didn't do as well in their subsequent ISU championships.

But anyway, National's is a very important event in the U.S., and this year with only two berths to fight over or World's, I expect there to be some really good skates. I just can't imagine pressure/illness sidelining the majority of the many young and promising skaters that are competing (25 in total, probably the most ever!), and plus of them, surely some of them are still too young to be much affected by nerves? I really hope it turns out a great competition for the ladies!