Celebrities who used to be figure skaters | Golden Skate

Celebrities who used to be figure skaters

Star85

Rinkside
Nicole Richie, and Rachel Mcadams used to be figure skaters. Does anyone on here know of any other celebrities who used to be figure skaters? And I mean before they were famous. Not celebrities who were on Skating With Celebrities, or ones who learned to skate for roles, or anything like that.

Also, does anyone know where to find pics or videos of them as skaters? I couldn't find any.

And just out of curiosity, does anyone think they would have become good enough to be famous skaters if they had stuck with it? Anyone wish they would have stuck with it?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I think Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) was a figure skater when she was younger. I've no idea if she was any good.

BTW, Kristy Swanson, who won Skating with Celebrities in the US, was the original movie Buffy.

berrycute

On the Ice
Allison Janney (C.J. Cregg on The West Wing) trained to be a figure skater, despite the fact that she is over 6 feet tall. I think Julie Bowen from Happy Gilmore and Boston Legal was also a figure skater in her youth. Condi Rice was a figure skater too, if you'd call her a celebrity.

abaka

Rinkside
Sonja Henie was the figure skater of the inter-war period, but she became more widely known after the studios gave her a movie contract in the late thirties.

Anna Semenovich competed for a while, but then joined a Russian pop band.

Lynn-Holly Johnson skated, then began her movie career with Ice Castles.

Last edited:

stevlin

On the Ice
celeb that used to be a skater

The actress on daytime's "Days of our Lives" [soap] Kristian Alphonso who plays Hope Brady on the show was an United States Junior Champion long ago. She skated on the show a few times.

flying camel

Medalist
Angeligh(not sure of spelling) from America's Next Top model this season said she was a competitive skater for the US.

Last edited:

McWicked

On the Ice
Julie Benz, who played "Darla" in Buffy & Angel & now plays Rita in Dexter, you know, Dexter's girlfriend.

in this interview she mentions it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juSJd-0bJqo

if you dont wanna watch the whole interview she mentions it in minute 3:17 til... well, almost a whole minute she speaks about it.

Last edited:

flying camel

Medalist
I remember seeing pictures of Condi Rice skating pairs with a white guy. She was a teenager. She was very cute in her outfit. I think she said her parents wanted her to focus on her studies.

ikfan

Rinkside
General Hospital

The character Elizabeth on General hospital skated. I remember my Mom saying that in an interview she said she skated at the same rink as Michelle Kwan and at the same time period. I don't know her name in real life. But I know she skated a few times on GH.

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
The character Elizabeth on General hospital skated. I remember my Mom saying that in an interview she said she skated at the same rink as Michelle Kwan and at the same time period. I don't know her name in real life. But I know she skated a few times on GH.

Rebecca Herbst