Petition to CBC re. International Coverage - Please Sign | Golden Skate

Petition to CBC re. International Coverage - Please Sign

KittyKins

Rinkside
Petition to CBC re. International Coverage - Please Sign - Added 2nd Petition to CTV!

Hello everyone.

I have started an online petition which will be sent to CBC on October 6th, 2 weeks from tomorrow. The statement requests that the CBC network provide TV coverage of the international figure skating events this season. Presently CTV is covering only the National events. This means that unless CBC is willing to pick up the International package, we will be depending on the American networks this season to provide our coverage. I e-mailed CBC and they said that a final decision has not been made, so I am taking this as an opportunity for skating fans to voice our desire that CBC cover these events.

http://www.petitiononline.com/TVCov/petition.html

If you agree with the statement on the petition, please sign. I also ask that you forward this info. to your figure skating friends and contacts. I think we can get thousands of signatures on this petition. Let's let CBC know how many fans are wanting this coverage!! Thank you very much.

--Kathy

Last edited:

KittyKins

Rinkside
Petition to CTV

Hello. I've had feedback that I should also have a petition sent to CTV asking them to reconsider. So, I've made one to send to them as well. Would those who have nicely posted the link on their webpages mind including this one as well? Thanks. I also would like to send one to the ISU. Does anyone have any idea where to send it?

Okay, here's the LINK and please spread the word.
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/CanSkate/petition.html

The closing date for this petition is also October 6th. It will be sent to CTV on that date. We have 150 signatures on the other petition so far. GREAT, and let's keep it going!

I'm more than willing to make one to the ISU as well. I just have to figure out where to send it.

Thanks to everyone who has signed!