V&M Free Dance music this year | Golden Skate

V&M Free Dance music this year

Antilles

Medalist
Has anyone noticed V&M will be skating to the same music in their FD that Delobel&Shoenfelder are using? The Skate Canada website lists two pieces for them. The first is Great Gig in the Sky. The second piece is called Money.

Considering Del&Shoe have had half a season to show their FD before V&M even perform theirs once, I think this could put V&M at a distinct disadvantage. However, if Del&Shoe keep winning the OD, they'll end up performing last at Worlds. V&M could get to use the music first that night.

It'll be interesting to see the V&M version. I can't wait for Canadian Nationals.

rosee

On the Ice
We'll just have to wait and see. I've heard that Marina said V&M did a really different use with the music...

However, if Del&Shoe keep winning the OD, they'll end up performing last at Worlds. V&M could get to use the music first that night.

Um What? There a draw no?

Final Flight
Has anyone noticed V&M will be skating to the same music in their FD that Delobel&Shoenfelder are using? The Skate Canada website lists two pieces for them. The first is Great Gig in the Sky.

thieves

madibe

On the Ice
Thanks for the link! I don't understand the second music selection that Virtue and Moir used. It doesn't seem to transition from Great Gig in the Sky very well. The whole free dance looks rough, but some of the lifts are beautiful.

rosee

On the Ice
Unlike last year I'm reserved on the lifts. The one that stood out for me is when she's in a split position...but we've already seen it with the Shibutanis.
Overall it looks good.

I prefer PT.2. The music has more variation. PT.1 is more of an etude.

Both have some high level unison, and that lift where she slides down his body in a spiral like moves is nothing short of sensational.

They are very competitive.

Antilles

Medalist
Thanks for the links. I really like it. It's a nice change of mood from their previous FDs. One of their lifts seems to start with an Underhill&Martini Leap of Faith.

I think calling them thieves is a bit much. Do we actually know who chose the music first, and if the second team realized it was already being done?

I'm certainly looking forward to Worlds. There are so many good freedances this year.

~tapdancer

On the Ice
It is going to be a great ice dance competition at Worlds, provided injury doesn't keep some of the top teams away.:bow: (please not).

Can't make much of a judgment having only seen a youtube vid of V/M and not in full form yet. But from what I've seen, I think Del/Shoes is more seamless and fluid. Good to see V/M's unison and technique is still top form, though.

I'm sure they will blow the field away at Canadians and be contenders for the top at Worlds.

It's going to be tough, though, hearing those wailing vocals twice in one competition! (And I love Pink Floyd!)

marikat

Spectator
I actually love the choreography in this program but I wish they could change the music for the first part.

TessaLouise

Rinkside
I really like Pink Floyd! Unfortunately I can't get into it as skating music. I love DelSchoes FD choreo but I'd rather watch it without sound. Sadly I do believe I'm going to experience the same with V/M's FD... I'd love to be able to prove myself wrong though!!!

Last edited:

MissCleo

On the Ice
I too think that calling V/M thieves is a bit much. However, i would like to know why they chose Pink Floyd. Was is because they were inspired by D/S or did they have the selection in mind from the beginning?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
well since Virtue and Moir did not skate the GP, or anything before that, we have no proof that they picked this music in the summer. They were very tight lipped about music. It could be that they chose Pink Floyd after watching the French, or it could be a conicidence. Rember that everybody here was after them not to pick somthing romantic...and i think spanish music was also ruled out by some. We should be happy.

I watched the video clip, and i have to say Bravo! Each lift was new and very difficult but attractive at the same time...love the twizzles. I think they got the concept much more than D&S, but then again, I have not liked anything by D&S in a while.

Last edited:

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
well since Virtue and Moir did not skate the GP, or anything before that, we have no proof that they picked this music in the summer. They were very tight lipped about music. It could be that they chose Pink Floyd after watching the French, or it could be a conicidence. Rember that everybody here was after them not to pick somthing romantic...and i think spanish music was also ruled out by some. We should be happy.

I watched the video clip, and i have to say Bravo! Each lift was new and very difficult but attractive at the same time...love the twizzles. I think they got the concept much more than D&S, but then again, I have not liked anything by D&S in a while.

calling them thieves is maybe a bit too extreme, maybe not.I think it's unfortunate that despite D/S announcing their music long before the season started and the downtime they had due to virtue's injury they decided to stick with the music. I think they had the time to try and change it if they had the sense to. I was so happy for D/S when the program finally came together and I understood the purpose of their music, but now with another team skating to it, I can't help but think that it's going to lessen the impact for them. As for choreo, well, not too impressive if you look at it more closely and find similarities to their previous programs. At least I see that the twizzles and the spins aren't much different from last year's.

victoria90

On the Ice
Tessa and Scott picked Pink Floyd a long time ago. At the Skate Canada Camp they already had this music and it was also announced at the Skate Canada website by that time so they didn't wait to see the GP.
Besides what is the point of picking the same music? The last thing I'd like as a skater is to be compared with another great skater because we are using the same music the same season. I wouldn't take the risk of being judged like this. It's true they could have changed it, but that also means to change some coreography and Tessa was injured, they missed about 2 months of training, I think they didn't have enough time for that.
But well, that's just my opinion. I don't talk to them, so I can't really know if they chose the music before Delobel and Schoenfelder announced it or after.

About the FD: love the lifts, love the relationship between them, but they still have to work on it a little more. It's great so far for being the first time. I'm sure they'll win the nationals without a problem.

romanoff81

Match Penalty
At first sight it looked amazing wow those lifts, I like it better than the french they will definitely contend for the gold at worlds no doubt about it.

jyshin

On the Ice
I find myself not wowing as much as last year, although they are still my favorites. However, I am more impressed with their coaches.
If I had not known that Igor and Marina coach D/W, I would never have noticed these teams are coached by the same people. This year their differences seem greater in a positive way.
I believe that developing distinctive style and character for each team while juggling millions of who knows what is not very often seen... keep wondering how they (the coaches) do this.