• Flight! Make me fly!

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Invisibility! Make me invisible!

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I heard this on NPR's "This American Life", and decided to conduct this experiment on this board.

If you could choose one of two superpowers: flight or invisibility, which would you choose? You could not do both, only one. If you'd like to give a reason, that would be cool as well.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I'm such a nosy girl, I would chose to be invisible. Think of all the juicy conversations you could listen on in. You would truly be a fly on the wall. :)

Sadie

On the Ice
I picked flight....I love the view from airplanes...it's gorgeous :)

But then again....sometimes I just want to disapear and become invisable so no one will bother me. ;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
*begins to sing Clay Aiken's new single "Invisible"*

I chose invisibility... just because I'm afraid of heights LOL

dewet

Final Flight
Invisibility, so no one could see you and think of everything you could listen to.:D Plus people would see a flying person, right?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I chose flight, because most of the time I am invisible - because I am so quiet. If I could fly, I could fly far away from here. Sort of like Dorothy in the "Wizard of OZ"

"Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly, Birds fly over the rainbow
why then oh why can't I"...
:cry:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Well, beings that I am afraid of heights, I chose invisibility.....I'm not much of a traveler anyway........42

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I'd have to fly....I'm always on the go and travel is my, oh no, my third addiction! (Figure skating, movies and travel). I guess I'd be better off with a lear jet that had a widescreen and a mini-Blockbuster (that also had a figure skating section...what a dream!).

Seonaid920

On the Ice
Flight sounds good, but if you aren't invisible people will see you and then the government will lock you up for experiments, so I choose invisibility! Somebody you're trying to avoid? Invisible.
somebody coming to attack you? Invisible
Want to find out how other people live? become invisible and follow them home.... spooky right!!
want to check out that mansion on the corner? become invisible and let yourself in to take a tour.

windspirit

On the Ice
Seonaid920 said:
Flight sounds good, but if you aren't invisible people will see you and then the government will lock you up for experiments, so I choose invisibility! Somebody you're trying to avoid? Invisible.
somebody coming to attack you? Invisible
Well, couldn't you just fly away? ;)

I chose flying. I luuuurve planes, etc. :D I've dreamed of flying, and it was really great. I don't think words can describe the feeling.

I wouldn't want to be invisible. I'm very good at reading people as it is, and if I could choose, quite often I'd prefer not to know what they're thinking.

Lee

Rinkside
Flying.

I've often dreamt of being able to just push off and float above all that is going on, just like a glider. I can steer where I want to go and see what I want to see. That would just be soooo cool to actually be able to do that!

(seems to me though, that I've often had trouble 'landing' in those dreams...wonder what the dream interpreters would have to say about that? :laugh: )