New Czisny Journal | Page 2 | Golden Skate

New Czisny Journal

To me, an elite skater is someone who is able to compete internationally, ya know, like getting Grand Prix assignments. A skater has to be considered 'good enough' to meet the qualifications to even be considered for GP assignments right?
What is an "elite" skater to you? A skater that only wins Gold medals at a GP's/Nationals/4CC/Euros/Worlds etc. ???
Although it is not official terminology as far as I know, I would be curious to know what the definition of "Elite Skater" is.

Example: Bebe has been in more international competitions than Alyssa. Does that mean anything?

antmanb

Record Breaker
Although it is not official terminology as far as I know, I would be curious to know what the definition of "Elite Skater" is.

Example: Bebe has been in more international competitions than Alyssa. Does that mean anything?

I think that the definition of an Elite Skater would vary depending on the context in which it it used.

The dictionary defnition of Elite is "the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons."

If looking at the world stage, you might say the Elite of figure skating at that level are the podium, or maybe top 5.

Equally the elite nationally would be a different set of people.

Talking about the sport of figure skating generally - you might say the elite are anyone competing in international competition regardless of results.

Ant